• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 166 - A lot on your plate!

Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2022 Jul 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks to Ged for setting up our last challenge with the traffic cone, and also to all who responded. There were some great entries.

Many people say they have a lot on their plate. Well this week you have the chance to show us what is on yours!

The “rules”:

* Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc

* Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum "regulars".

* There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

* The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image below at full size, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW166Plates.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the blue reply button in this first post. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2022 Jul 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I don't know if 3D glasses would work here; can't remember if I had the right color channels for it to work. That would be neat, though, as it wasn't my intention. lol

I just run with whatever leads me when I make these. I can be humorous a lot, though. Example:

Original photo:

20220710_021255.jpg

My take:

20220710_021304.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James,

I find your dark ones no less humorous.

Apart from that, other colours may be worrying, but white is worse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that's a great interpretation of the source image.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can get past MrPW's shark you then reach the table decoration and all its sinister content!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somthing was missing on the table. (Initially uploaded the wrong pic.)

SFTW166PlatesCS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's why the glasses were empty Dean 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here's a recent lunch I had. Not sure if I'm doing it justice.

SFTW166PlatesPasta.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Honestly Dean, it looks like roadkill (not your Photoshop, the food itself). You should come with me to Dorsia. I can get reservations on friday.

Just kidding. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks @MrPW 🙂
Changing thee perspective to match the plate flattend the pasta. It did taste better than it looks - promise 🙂

Is the Dorsia you're talking about in Milwaukee? If so, would you also be able to organise my plane ticket? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dean_Utian wrote:

Changing thee perspective to match the plate flattend the pasta.

I'm struggling with the perspective issue too, Dean, and am hoping one of our perspective experts steps in to give us another lesson so we can boost our skill level! Your pasta looks yummy, btw!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dog got my dinner!

SFTWDinner.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see the face of another dog on that dinner plate. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've heard that one before 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That made me smile Bob. The dog was just having a game, and had no idea it was doing wrong, bless its little K9 heart. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's something else for the menu.
SFTW166PlatesSh.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope the cutlery is tougher than the meal, Dean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those that are shielding Dean 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW166PlatesJL.jpg

Wow, so many great entries and a great starter for us, Dave. I just didn't have much inspiration this time around. Too much on my plate, for sure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good use of patterns Jain - and I like the way you included the image in the book page 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks, Dave. The pages in my mock book are from “Running a House” in the chapter, “Important Details of Setting and Serving” from Vogue's Book of Etiquette and Good Manners (Condé Nast Publications, 1969). The left page diagram shows a “Dining Table Arranged for an Afternoon Reception.”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jain, you've left us with a cliff hanger! The page stops with, "If she has a maid,...".

Please tell us how this sentence ends! 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, it was just getting good at the cutoff, Jane. The entire book reads like a bad episode of Upstairs, Downstairs, lol.

“…however, the latter brings in the tea table when one is used, sets it up in front of the hostess, and covers it with a tea cloth that she carries on her arm. Then she brings the tea tray. If there is a hot-water kettle, it is customarily brought separately, because of its weight, and put on the tray. After lighting the burner under it and placing the plates of tea food around the tray, the maid leaves the room and does not return until the hostess rings for her.”

(The butler and waitress make their entrance in the next paragraph.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hot plate :

SFTW166HotPlate.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A minute and a half later: Hot place?

Click/RightClick to get a bit closer, Click Here to see in Chrome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect for roasting marshmallows and making s'mores tableside, Dave! I love this, and I hope you'll tell us how you made it?

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines