• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 18 - The clock tower.

Community Expert ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This weeks image is the famous clock tower, known as Elizabeth's Tower, at the Palace of Westminster in London which houses the UK parliament. The tower was built between 1843 and 1859 and contains the "Great Clock" and "Big Ben" which is the large bell for the clock chimes.
At the moment visitors will not see the full tower as both the tower and the clock are undergoing renovation and so the tower is surrounded by scaffold.

I am sure the renovations will be true to the original but I wondered what "improvements" our Photoshop users would make to the tower. So this weekends challenge is simple - show us what changes you can make to the tower.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artefacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW18ClockTower.jpg

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
May 08, 2018 May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wor https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Dibnah soon to be in action.

Fred2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fred Dibnah is an outstanding idea for this subject, but it would be nice to see him hanging off in that way that makes your tummy turn somersaults just looking at him.  He does this thing where he climbs up to a ledge of scaffold boards that he previously erected, and hangs out to climb from ladder to platform with no ropes or safety devices.  He wouldn't be allowed to do that nowadays.

The Internet is beyond flaky at the B&B we are staying at, and time is limited (we are supposed to be on holiday) but I would so love to put Fred on Big Ben.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

......... I would so love to put Fred on Big Ben.

SFTW18ClockTowerFred.jpg

There you go - hope you are enjoying your holiday

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no good with 3D so thought I'd do a vintage postcard look. Anyone noticed that Dave looks a bit like Fred Dibnah

big ben.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

terris86415680  wrote

Anyone noticed that Dave looks a bit like Fred Dibnah

Well he definitely looks like this guy

David Harder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri, as always, I love your art!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Terri, as always, I love your art!

Thanks Jane that's very nice of you to say. I think I may overdone the green a bit though lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Ged - the big Ben windmill!

Terri that is very clever indeed . Tower Bridge out of Elizabeth's tower, I like it.

terris86415680  wrote

..... Anyone noticed that Dave looks a bit like Fred Dibnah

I'll fetch me cap ....

David Harper (link from Ged) lives only 30 miles from here.  Obvious difference though - he hasn't got my blonde hair

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wrote

Nice one Ged - the big Ben windmill!

Terri that is very clever indeed . Tower Bridge out of Elizabeth's tower, I like it.

wrote

..... Anyone noticed that Dave looks a bit like Fred Dibnah

I'll fetch me cap ....

David Harper (link from Ged) lives only 30 miles from here.  Obvious difference though - he hasn't got my blonde hair

Dave

Thanks Dave,

Have you heard the cost of renovating the Elizabeth Tower has now doubled to £67 million? I don't know why they bother to get a tender on these buildings, better just to sign a cheque and let the contractor fill in a number when finished lol. Worse is the House of Commons renovation which is currently £2 billion, bet you it ends up costing £5 billion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi great entries over the last week. We'll now have to forward them to the committee responsible for overseeing the renovations who will make more budget available to incorporate these ideas

The new challenge is now up and running Something for the weekend - Part 19 - The key is in the image!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines