• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 197 - Monstrous!

Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2023 Sep 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to @jane-e for creating our last 'BB-8' SFTW challenge, and to all who took part in it.

A couple of weeks ago many folk descended on Loch Ness, in Scotland, to search for the famous monster, which is said to inhabit the loch. No-one found anything, but the legend continues. At 23 miles long and 755 feet deep there is plenty of water there, but over the years there have only been a few grainy and blurry photographs of something in the water.

The following week, I was standing on the shore of the loch on a very calm morning and got to thinking that 'team Photoshop' could help put this right. So this is where you come in.

Can you show us your explanation of what the 'monster' might be or might look like?

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only. Sorry to emphasize this, but the image is not for use elsewhere.

To download the image below, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).
SFTW197_Loch_Ness.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 129 Replies 129
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@davescm I never fail to be amazed at the spots you take your photographs from.

In this case coincidently where a rarely seen image was taken ~ 1890's

I can now relate the true story:

People always assume that the monster wasn't, isn't real due to the lack of sightings.

They also don't realise that Captain Nemo existed.

The Jules Verne novel managed to convince an unprepared world that he and the Nautilus was a fiction

and that it was destroyed in a cataclysmic explosion. Not true.

Indeed the good Captain safely led the creature to a far off shore whose location is now lost to all.

SFTW197_Loch_Ness-3.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A brilliant story and explanation Euan! Thanks for getting us moving this week, you have set the tone nicely. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, it would just happen to be the same time as a planetary invasion.War of the WorldsWar of the Worlds

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I knew I should have taken a tripod and not left it in the car!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last time Mars decided to invade Earth, they were defeated by the common cold.  We have COVID now, and I doubt that the Martians have had any vaccine shots, so they'll be dead meat withing hours of landing.  This is based on a true story, and I am old enough to remember.  The only good thing about it was Justin Haywood's lovely singing, and there were a bunch of those big tripods to be had for mounting uber big camera lens combinations.  A bloke in my camera club had two of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I hope some of you can guess the TV series 😉

Firefly 20230915175545 Kopie.png

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 16, 2023 Sep 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say Dr Who but he/she used a Police Box. Am I close?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you got it.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Monster is Pollution, waste, plasticsSFTW197_Loch_Ness-Edit-3.jpg

.....Suzanne Mathia

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sad but true. Fortunately Loch Ness looks much cleaner than some ocean beaches.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have to all put up at least one monster.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - they've turned it into a theme park Trevor !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/something-for-the-weekend-part-136-a-...

The answer to the location in my first post 😉

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They say the Loch Ness Monster is a plesiosaur. I say that's a croc.

croc-rs.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is perfect Leslie.  It brightens my day when you upload one of your creations.  They are so much cleverer than the composites and Ai gen fill that the rest of us produce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Trevor! This made my day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes , I also like to see your illustrations here Leslie.
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hear, hear! I love your illustrations, too, Leslie. This little one is adorable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your croc is adorable Leslie! 

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW197_Loch_Ness trump biden.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A two headed monster - very appropriate homeboy4

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW197_Loch_Ness1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

So is the little duck feeling sea sick Ged?       

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines