• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 199 - Fairy tale castle

Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2023 Oct 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had some impressive entries to our previous spanner challenge - thanks to all who took part.

This weekend we have a fairy tale castle. Well actually, no, it is a real castle on the North East coast of Scotland and is called Dunrobin Castle. If you are in that area, it is well worth a visit.

I am sure though that the imaging skills in this forum can bring a fairy tale to life in the scene. Will it be a warm tale or will it, today being Friday 13th , have a darker side?

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only. Sorry to emphasise this, but the image is not for use elsewhere.

To download the image below, hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW199Castle.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - nice one Trevor. They needed a boating lake !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this place needs a little magic!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! Good thing I had my volume turned on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Magical!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah!  I love it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it- especially with sound 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, thanks, folks! Here is the still. I think my video was a bit too speedy, but I kept watching it on a loop until I was spellbound.

SFTW199Castle-JELStill.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A fairy tale castle needs a show.
A little help from AI.

SFTW199Castle_FW.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You were just waiting for dusk then Dean 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like the castle is being supported on the fountain.  It reminds me of Terry Pratchett's world supported on elephants standing on a giant turtle.  Not many people know this, but that is based on a true story.  It was on the news yesterday about Durham uni, which has just completed a two year study using a Crey-Turbo-Nutter-Barsteward mega computer.  They have found that what they have been calling Dark Matter was actually an infinite number of turtle worlds.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have just thought. Durham uni is a well flung stones throw from where our Dave lives.  Did you attend that uni @davescm ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right in Durham uni being not far away from here, but it's too posh for the likes of me Trevor 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sittin' in the mornin' sun; I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes

SFTW199Castle JE02.jpg

Photo credit to @davescm in SWTF 13: Great Eggspectations!

EDIT: This egg is the Duke of Yolk 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another song that will be stuck in my head for a day or two Jane. I hope he doesn't fall off the wall, or it might take all the kings horses and all the kings men..................... 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humpty Dumpty was a potato?  Where was he when all those poor Irish people were hungry?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - but Jane's is an egg. I wonder why eggs sold these days are brown? I remember there used to be a mix of brown or white shells.

Edit - I looked it up and it depends on the breed of hen. Apparently some years ago the white eggs fell out of favour here in the UK due to the misconception that brown was healthier. Nutritionally they are the same.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, I suppose salmonella would count as a protein, so eggs cover all the nutritional bases.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, the reason this particular egg is brown is because that's how Dave rendered it in 2018:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/something-for-the-weekend-part-13-gre...

We get mostly brown eggs here, too, for the same misconception that Dave mentioned floats around the UK. Chicken eggs can also be green, pink, blue and even chocolate brown, depending on the breed.

Seconds before I fell asleep last night, I realized this egg isn't Humpty Dumpty at all. He's the Duke of Yolk, of course! 🙂

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Humpty Dumpty had an Easter egger mum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe he did, Jacob, but I never called this egg Humpty Dumpty! Everyone else is though, so I may be outvoted 😂

janee_0-1698342006711.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right you are, Jane; outvoted by eastponders. Maybe Leslie and Jain can come to your rescue.

Actually, this is where the song brings me; built on it and full of it,

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0598971/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_2

just as every episode is built upon another song from over there,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbeat_(Buddy_Holly_song)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to say that I couldn't believe I missed this one, but it looks like it was just around Adobe MAX. I've been seeing some Goth home transformations, so I wanted to try something like that. For the fairy tale side, this could be the home of the villain. 😛

SFTW199Castle-Myra-Ferguson.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the viewer can use the mouse to shudder at the deeper gloom and the glare of lightning; and at the impenetrable darkness of the walls, Myra.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol. I only replaced the sky. I should have added lightning!

I also thought something spooky would have gone more with an October SFTW. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myra, I find it quite suitable with a more hidden and distant lightning, and the viewer option to fade it out into the deeper gloom and in again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines