• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 205 - Wade's Way

Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2024 Jan 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all who took part in our Christmas Cracker challenge.

This weekend we have one of my favourite driving roads.  General Wade's military road, which runs from Fort Augustus to Inverness along the, quieter, east side of Loch Ness, Scotland. It has both beautiful scenery and some nice twists, turns, crests and both wide and very narrow sections with passing places. An excellent drive if you catch it on a quiet day.

So for this week's challenge, can you add in your chosen mode of transport to travel that road.

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image,  hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW205Driving.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

TOPICS
Experiment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2024 Jan 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can't drive on the right side of the road and they can't spell either

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attack of the Clones!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attack of the Clones!

Jane

By @jane-e

Hah!  I'd rather have those Star Wars killer robots after me than a XXI strong legion of armoured Daves.  I hear Dave has a black belt in Ecky Thump!  (it involves being hit with a black pudding.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This being Scotland they are out for the start of the Haggis hunt. Got to catch them for Burns night later this month. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's sweet that the Scots continue to celebrate the birthday of a poet! I had to laugh when I read about the Haggis Hunt, though:

https://darachcroft.com/news/haggis-hunting-season-tips-and-tricks

Here we only have Snipe Hunts. 😊

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - that's a great job composting the cliff Trevor.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the subject is a bit dark for some tastes, although not up there with Jacob's particularly powerful Christmas cracker gag. (It's gone, so no point looking for it).  I'm sure I've told you the story about a PJ buddy who sent me a picture of a rodeo rider who was still astride a bucking bull, but his hat had come off and was in the air.  The angles were perfect, so I removed the rider's head and put it in the hat with bits of sinew and blood.  It was a pretty good rework, and I put it on Facebook.  It turned out that this was a juior event, and the rider was just ten years old, and his parents reacted badly...   hmmmm..  more accurate to say they went totally ape-shite and I was in trouble again.  Of course I took the image down, and there is no sign of it anywhere else, so no one seems to have shared it.  I guess the bottom line is we don't all find the same things funny, and if I'd known the lad was only ten years old, I would not have made and shared my poor taste image gag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have a slow-down or two on the road today, Dave

SFTW205Driving JE01.jpg

Happy driving!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It reminds me of Mark Shand's book 'Travels on my Elephant' 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and don't forget to look up!  This is real life footage, taken with Dave's dash-cam, shortly after Jane's elephants passed by.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dumbo with his jumbo ears!

His story may have been based on the real-life Jumbo, who spent time in the Paris and London Zoos before going to the Barnum and Bailey Circus in the US. He was not always treated well.

https://www.amdigital.co.uk/insights/blog/thereallifedumbo

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There'll be a big splash if he lands in the loch, Trevor. Although that could be the secret of a long standing mystery...

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW205Driving submitted.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - it is nice to travel that road when it's quiet. That's one way of achieving that Bob.  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely correct Bob. Sadly all British road infrastructure is in a terrible state. Here's the before from a few days earlier.

SFTW205Driving-pot.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is by far the funniest--in that its so relatable! 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that is so true to life 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It takes a river to fill the lake.

Wades Way.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must have seen our weather recently JR  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2024 Jan 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2024 Jan 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beautiful river - very clear that reflects the sky so wonderfully 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ain't Generative Fill great?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is Santa on his way home after a busy holiday period.

SFTW205DrivingSanta.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines