• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 209 - Wake up and smell the coffee!

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to everyone who put aside the time the time to take part in our previous challenge. It is great to see diverse entries and creativity.

Whilst grinding beans for a coffee, I wondered what else could be made from a simple coffee bean. The SFTW team are always good for such a challenge, so for this week please show us what can you make with this bean.

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image,  hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW209CoffeeBean.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

TOPICS
Experiment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridging the gap.

SFTW209CoffeeBean_bridge.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice idea GC, and thanks for getting us started this week.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click to get closer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, you could have gone full recursion with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, Trevor; recursion never occurred to me.

I went straight for ambiguity, finding the big one passable as a possible custom shaped pot simply made of moist compressed potting soil, like the ones used by an elder family member for lettuce to be grown in the greenhouses, and accounting for the difference between raw and roasted look, the latter resembling a moist and compressed appearance of the right potting soil as here,

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=coffee+tree+sprouts+kelloggarden&t=ftsa&atb=v320-1&iar=images&iax=images&i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2024 Mar 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw an old(ish) Veritasiam video today about how they caught the Golden State Killer using familial DNA.  It was fascinating, and espeically where they go into detail about the process, but something that made me smile, and that your link above reminded me of, was where Dr. Derek is talking to a lady who is involved with the tracking down bad people using DNA from distant relatives, and he asks her about the DuckDuckGo browser window we could see on her screen.   So are you constantly alert for the sound of Black Helicopters coming your way Jacob? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Far from it, Trevor, I enjoy the chopping, and the quaking when close. In contrast, drones are boring.

I just switched to DuckDuckGo as soon as it became available, to get (back) to a real search engine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if they grow ready roasted that way? 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Dave.

If the global endeavour is successful, the farmers can cut out the middlemen: no more overpricing chains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo_0-1709627321998.png

Really great! (clicking the image shows it… 🙂 )  It's probably a cache issue!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your kind words, Lucien.

And thank you for the cache hint. I have noticed that it only shows sometimes, and it is regularly necessary to restart the browser to see it; strangely, every time I click the image and it shows full screen, it disappears when I click the plus sign for enlargement of details. I have never seen that for previeous entries, also much larger ones (in pixels and MB).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I so wanted to give a scorpion tail, but beetles don't have them, so I couldn't bring myself to do it.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - that is very good, Trevor! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shine on the carapace is very well visualised 🙂

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmmmm...  I wonder how many people will know who this is😉

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - Eastenders lives on.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

spawning-3935845_1920.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coffee you can chew! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW209CoffeeBean copy.jpg

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it looks fast, it must be all that caffiene !  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fissure""Fissure"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, definitely one of your best uploads James.  It still has that dark and moody look that let's us know it's one of your images, but with lots of fine detail that draw you in and make it interesting.  I like it a lot.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An album cover for ????? - wait though, do we still have albums and covers 😞

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines