• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 209 - Wake up and smell the coffee!

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to everyone who put aside the time the time to take part in our previous challenge. It is great to see diverse entries and creativity.

Whilst grinding beans for a coffee, I wondered what else could be made from a simple coffee bean. The SFTW team are always good for such a challenge, so for this week please show us what can you make with this bean.

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image,  hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW209CoffeeBean.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

TOPICS
Experiment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still exist, in a fashion; you just can't look at them like we used to. I wish the various music streaming services would let us explore any art in detail. It's one of the things I miss about tangible records.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An album cover for ????? - wait though, do we still have albums and covers 😞

Dave

By @davescm

That had me wondering about bands with 'tree' in their name.  There turned out to be a bunch of such bands, but I haven't of a single one of them.  It would make a splendid album cover though.

Looking at sleeves with trees bought up one we know, but Jame's image is waaaaay better.  Heck, Roger Dean eat your heart out.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

/bows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some Maori culture for you. 🙂

image.png

I did think about reworking this image, but thought I'd be here all night!  Way too many tongues.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your excelling yourself this week Trevor, some great ideas posted 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL at the tongue! 😜🤣

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile deep in the Mariana Trench  . . .

SFTW209CoffeeBeanship.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that is a bit of lateral thinking Euan. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cold-Coffee.gif

I noticed a few people taking note of the gap in the middle with bridges, boats etc! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nicely done James! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll never find me!

Wake up and smell the coffee.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's like an edition of where's Wally !  🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW209CoffeeBeansubmitted.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, you smoothed out the split to make it hard to find.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor, as I see it, it has just been in the wash long enough to have the same wash as some of the harder ones forming most of the wash which have been there much longer, but short enough to still be here rather than washed away completely.

I wonder whether some of the fishes have followed the faint scent of its wash, trying to get to the invigorating source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another 'Where's Wally' but this one might be a bit easier! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah!  That's really funny Jacob.  The cigar makes all the difference.  I am not sure what it reminds me of, but possibly one of the Muppet Show characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind words, Trevor. Now I wonder what took me so long.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well done @Jacob Bugge. It has lots of character.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your kind words, Dean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I am very late with this one but wanted to ensure I did not miss out 🙂
Coffee cup image reference:
https://au.shein.com/1pc-Retro-Ufo-Design-Coffee-Mug-Ceramic-Cappuccino-Cup-With-Saucer-Creative-Lat... 

SFTW209CoffeeBean2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Conspicuously lurking in the shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines