• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 211 - Through the archway!

Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who took part in our last 'fishy' challenge. There were some excellent ideas and images posted.

This week we have a street in Durham, with an archway through to the cathedral grounds. It was very quiet until, suddenly, through the archway came... well that is up to you to show us!

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off your skills, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image,  hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW211Arch.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

TOPICS
Experiment

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image was missing - but what a palaver to see it.

I wonder how they got planning permission for that.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for the inconvenience, Dave. The Khoros curse seems to have lifted, so I have removed my mentioning of silly steps now unnecessary.

I thought the planners were the ones behind things like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob triggered this memory.

image.png

TrevorDennis_0-1711874348797.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've fed us another earworm Trevor!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy Easter everyone.

Can you spot the Easter Eggs? 🙂 
Firefly credit for the bunny and large easter egg.

SFTW211Arch_easter.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe you could say "I spy with my little eye something beginning with S(FTW 185, 186, 196, and 206)", Dean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well spotted Jacob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Ted is still on his adventures! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you spot the differences - 7 changes.. May be tricky with the image downsized..

SFTW211Arch2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love a coffee time puzzle. Go them in the end!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tricky indeed, Dean. Still working on the last ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a clue Jacob with a zoomed in section.

SFTW211Arch3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only spotted two in that part, Dean, one spotted before (behind the stars) and one new (at the top end of the stairs), stil more missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2024 Apr 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jacob Bugge - What do you see at the top of the top and behind teh stairs?
Some clues:
* Look to the top..
* And look through...
If my clues are too crypitc, here's another
* There are 2 around the stairs - not sure which ones you're seeing though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean,

The two round the stairs were the window and the lamp (the ones that James had as 3 and 6).

I first saw the two at the archway, the red one gone and the writing (2 and 1).

The two at the top were really cunning (4 and 5), and I failed to find the time to calm down enough.

So, still one to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob - I counted the window as 2. 
One filling in bricks on the right, adding a window to the left. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dean, I agree that your counting is the right one (said by one working on the joiner/carpenter side and leaving the masonry to masons).

Excellent masonry work on the chimneys by the way, even with a surplus of bricks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a devil of a time finding the 7th...unless one considers switching the window at point 3 and filling it in as two differences?

2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you have spotted all but counted the changes differently to me. Based on my numbering below:
1. SFTW 211
2. Postbox removed
3. Chimney extension
4. Chimney reduction
5. Window removed
6. Window added
7. Lamp
SFTW211Arch2b.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got fairly quickly, but only because I could not resist overlaying the original on the downsized original, and setting to Difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought someone might, Trevor. For my own part I always go for the full challenge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I not only did that, but I also layered one on top of another and did an A/B comparison by turning the top layer on and off. I nearly gave myself a seizure. lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This week we have a street in Durham, with an archway through to the cathedral grounds. It was very quiet until, suddenly, through the archway came... well that is up to you to show us!"

Click to get closer, Click again to get closer still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - patience indeed.

I can see this image this time Jacob, but why not just use the image widget and embed it so we can see it every time?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe I know which is more patient, Dave, and briefly breaks the quiet.

It seems that the Khoros curse that hit two of my images, one in 210 and one here in 211, has lifted and only lasted a week.

I had to reenter those two images, but everything is fine now, as it always has been for at least a hundred dozens of images over a good score of years, including some two scores of dozens for SFTW.

For me it has definite advantages .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines