• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 211 - Through the archway!

Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2024 Mar 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who took part in our last 'fishy' challenge. There were some excellent ideas and images posted.

This week we have a street in Durham, with an archway through to the cathedral grounds. It was very quiet until, suddenly, through the archway came... well that is up to you to show us!

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off your skills, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image,  hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW211Arch.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some dark magic had been at work  . . .

SFTW211Arch2.jpg

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow - first in and only 25 minutes after I posted the challenge. That is quick!

Great idea Euan. I hope the house opposite the arch has the door open, but with a little magic anything can hapen. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😬

scary-papillon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We just need a large lamp-post to distract it 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that you have used a small breed as a GIANT dog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tiny ones are the fiercest 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a theory that all dogs contain the same amount of energy, but in small dogs, it's more concentrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Going back to a previous SFTW. I think I got my two locations mixed up.SFTW211Arch_Dragon.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At least the street shouldn't freeze over in the winter. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Side streets . . .

Fork.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one - I do like these Droste effect images. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like a good place to get lost John.  A sort of stone maze.  Hah!  You have given me an idea

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KYOTO.png

Tribute to the Kyoto Tachibana SHS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCl0XsUT41A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They'll certainly liven the place up a bit ! 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Mr Bond. I expect you to die!

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A good Bond film chase - just what we needed over the Easter weekend!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For fun, experimenting with the Magnific.ai application using Micky Mouse as the reference image (I've added the Micky Mouse illustration to the castle so you can see how it's been used to affect the colours and design).
Castle mouse.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's interestiing Derek.  I hadn't heard of Magnific, but have now checked out the site, but it's not clear how you got affect from what I can see there as it only appears to refer to upscaling.   Is a sister app to Midjourney?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a style transfer facility where you can include a reference image, rather like you can do now with Firefly.

IMG_2375.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2024 Mar 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Derek.  I'll check it out.  Where did you come across it btw?  I can feel a serious case of FOMO right now 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just came across it; I've tried it for a month. AFAICS, I think Firefly might be a better app!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It makes an interesting job of it, Derek. It is funny how it has interpreted some of the shapes, such as the manhole cover or the guttering downpipe on the building.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The archway underneath the arches

Click to see in full, Click again to get closer still

For anyone absent in July 2019,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/something-for-the-weekend-part-80-und...

Edit: Image replaced by identical image on 1st April.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel sorry for the people living in this once quiet and quaint location 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines