• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 216 - Rock on!

Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After last week's 'Walk on' challenge in Yorkshire, I thought we should continue our outdoor adventures. Everyone loves a rock pool, so we start this week with some coastal rocks on the Northumberland coast. What can you make with this? Will it be something that comes out of the sea, or something living in a pool?

The “rules”:

• Use the starter image as at least part of your own image entry.
  • Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright, etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert. This is not just for our forum “regulars”.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off your skills, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!
  • The starter image is made available for you to use in this forum challenge only.

To download the image,  hover over the image and click on the circle with the arrows at the top right.

Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW216Rocks.jpg

When posting back your image — please use the blue reply button in this first post and use the 'Insert Photos' icon at the top of the reply box. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry, then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun!

Dave

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
replies 169 Replies 169
Community Expert ,
Jun 12, 2024 Jun 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very clever!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone noticed that if you turn Dean's image clockwise it looks like 'The Scream' (Munch)?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2024 Jun 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Pulsar""Pulsar"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I loved the colors 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James, you should do more bright and cheerful images.  This one is lovely and cheerful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice !

_______
Senior graphic designer | United Nations Population Fund

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Northern Lights have become very angular this week 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rocky Shore Alien  Treasure FindRocky Shore Alien Treasure Find

Alright. Here we go. Hope you like it. I had a few bits and pieces of my illustrations lying around from projects past and I decided to put some things together on the fly. The results look really cool. 🙂

Basically I placed my Outer world Liz and my treasure box image and made my little alien find some treasure. I guess he has a bit of pirate in him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But now I have a big problem. While I was constructing this, I got a little annoying message saying that my PS is now running out of service in 5 days. What?! OK I still had the old software installed so I figure it was the issue. So I reluctantly got rid of it in favour for the new one.( was going to save the old software for this old computer but put on all the new stuff on the new computer)(I guess not) I thought the little alert would go away. But no luck so far. Even after I installed the newest PS and I'm still getting the alert. Whats worse now is that I can't even use the new PS. That's a problem since I have my project to work on. Can any one please advice me on how I can fix this issue? Its very important and very urgent. Help is very much appreciated.

BTW, I am running all this on an old computer running W10 so I figure that's why I'm getting all these stubborn issues.

Thanks!

My new Illustrator works just fine. Just to let you know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@PaintedKitty 

Try the four steps on this Help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/stop-creative-cloud-trial-mode-after-purchase.html

If they don't work post on the Hub and ask Sil about your subscription.

You can install the current and one previous version from the CC app. PS 22.2 is also available because it works with 3D. ProDesign Tools has direct downloads to some earlier versions. https://prodesigntools.com/

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I'll try those.

Just a note when I tried to open the app last night it just gave me an error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Humm so far nothing!

I tried pretty much all the trouble shooting stuff as suggested. Its says that there are no messed up host files.

So they had another suggestion of trying to see if I have access to Adobe activation servers and well its temporary out of service. So I didn't get both logos. So something is definitely amiss. But It looks like I'll have to post this in the hub. I am just stumped.

Do you think the issue has something to do with my browsers? originally I had fixed everything up in Microsoft Edge. But over all I use FireFox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cute alien, PaintedKitty.

One thing that caught my eye, the rocks to the left of him make him look like a turtle on his back 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Yeah he does have that sea turtle look to him. But If I wasn't pressed for time, his eyes and over all shading would have been a bit different. Or even maybe I would have tried something else. Maybe more of a pirate. But this seems pretty adequate and fun.🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what this challenge is all about, having fun 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get these in my Spam folder every day. I have never had a Sirius account

LeslieMoakMurray_0-1718292323610.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Leslie Moak Murray 

Is the email actually from Sirius? Look at the address of the sender or show the Header info to see who the sender is.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I don't think it could be from them. I've never had an account with them. I also routinely get ones announcing in ominous capital letters that my Netflix account will be canceled TODAY. Which of course is not true. I have looked at the sender's email addresses and they're always very long strings of gobbledygook. I mean it's so obvious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, they never stop.

You can ask your ISP to assist with a spam filter on your domain which helps somewhat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2024 Jun 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's raining pearls, Hallelujah.SFTW216Rocks.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sabine - welcome back to SFTW, it's a while since we've seen you here. I like the idea and the image. 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2024 Jun 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imagine getting whacked by one of those!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted a Kraken attacking the ship but Gen fill coudn't do it. Doesn't know what a Jolly Roger is either - some funny results with that one. 

pirate gulls.jpg

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines