• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 49 - In the box!

Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

This old signal box is at Beamish open air museum in the North East of England. The box was relocated from Carr House near Consett where it had been working since 1896.

So the challenge this week  is - can you bring this old signal box back to life - or give it a new purpose entirely?

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW49SignalBox.jpg

Enjoy !

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great news Trevor and congratulations Noel

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome about Noel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going to ask you what is on the cd next to the cup but its in the actual image so nevermind mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt it is a CD from that long ago . Probably a token for single track working, there is a token pouch hanging at the end of the levers.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be right, Dave, and probably are, but I was about to suggest it was a CD from YES!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham, Dave, Jane,

Now I am in suspense about your comments on the mug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge  wrote

Graham, Dave, Jane,

Now I am in suspense about your comments on the mug.

I would move the cup over on top of the cd and make it look like a coaster... would also add a spot light to the cup face because its too dark to really be in that room space.

I do like the idea behind it and I was going to add a coffee machine to mine but it would draw the eye away from the man so I went with the fake plant instead

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Graham,

And what Jane just said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, it was very hard to see the stealth logo on my iPad, so by the time I did and went upstairs to my desktop, everyone else had chimed in. It is a lovely mug. But it does need coffee. It's evening here, so make mine Irish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane, Dave, others,

It should be quite possible to get Adobe to reissue the Stealth Mug: it is still available here (the solid black, with black (which will be shiny like the rim, of course)),

https://www.theexecutiveadvertising.com/17ozmajesticmug.aspx

And it is 17 oz, hence the convincing appearance on the table.

I believe Graham is (still) in charge of filling them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jacob+Bugge  wrote

I believe Graham is (still) in charge of filling them.

challenge received and accepted... I don't own an Adobe mug so how about filtered coffee?

irish1-View 1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I want that mug too! And I’m not at all worried about the flames on the gas can. I like my coffee as hot as it is strong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A dark Adobe mug? I want one

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want one, too, Jacob! Graham, if you are going to give us a coffee maker, you don't have much time left!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, Jane,

Now it is proven that it is, indeed, the Stealth Mug (that being the actual article name, which carried the SKU no. AB-207 five years and a half ago (May 2013) when I received four of them along with some other nice items from the (then) Adobe gift store as my very first punishment for posting all sorts of silly things in mainly the Illustrator forum (and some other forums, most of which since then retired); that was before the complimentary gift started to be Amazon gift vouchers/certificates. It took a total of 28 photos, and days of waiting for the right weather (and trying out), to get just the right stealth level between completely stealthy and too obvious (and to choose the right direction of lighting, sillily starting out with (slightly back/side)light from the left corresponding to the light coming from the windows at the back towards the footbridge); the actual one being taken in a hazy sunlight this forenoon, just before midday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The (Stealth) Mother of all Stealth Mugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, Jacob Bugge​!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel I should say pickaboo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So this is a mug that can sneak up on you undetected?  A person could get very thirsty trying to find a mug like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

So this is a mug that can sneak up on you undetected?

As long as it bombs me with coffee, I‘m okay that it sneaks up on me, Trevor!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Jacob - I didn't know the stealth mug came in a presentation box. I want one even more!

Trevor - Brilliant !

The new challenge is up and running here :

Something for the weekend - Part 50 - In the summer time!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines