• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 5 - It's a wrap!

Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Doesn't Friday come around quickly?  I've gone for a bit of a technical challenge for this weekend which will hopefully bring out the graphic artists as well as the photo manipulators.

Vehicle wrapping is becoming very popular these days with cars, vans and lorries getting the treatment. The wraps range from simple changes in colour or gloss to clever graphics and full blown images. So the challenge this weekend is:

Take the Lamborghini Gallardo supercar below, which I snapped at a track day in Yorkshire, England. Give it a wrap and move it to a new location to suit its new exterior. Unlike Trevor last week, who was too kind, I haven't provided the mask so it's a good opportunity for anyone new to practice with the pen tool. As Dag pointed out last week, if there is a bit of a story in your image it makes it even more interesting. Above all though - have fun.

As with previous weeks :

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

I've posted the image at reasonable resolution as it can help with composites. When posting back your edited images please downsize to 1200px on the long side.

To download the image below in full resolution, right click and Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW5-Vehicle-Wrap-Challenge-Feb2018.jpg

Enjoy.

Dave

(If you want to see last week's images they are in this thread : Something For the Weekend 4 )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Engaged ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attempt#3

I figured since I did a Windows car I may as well do an Apple car

Before the iPhone was a twinkle in Steve Jobs’ eye, the Newton Message pad was Apple’s first attempt at a pocket computer. It took 6.5 years to develop, had the first real handwriting recognition and coined the term ‘personal digital assistant’ or PDA. It only lasted for five years but the team that developed the software for it eventually went on to develop the first iPod operating system.

I think these were bigger than the current iPhone Plus models.

wrap-challenge-5c.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So clever, @Jodi_Frye!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Jane ! Dave wanted a story and I liked this one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All this racing around, umpteen coats of paint, exposure to space dust and solar wind.  Now look at it!

Wk5_B.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

All this racing around

Wonder if I will see that car racing in the middle of the Super Bowl LII field, before the end of the game. ?

Many of the players can afford it.

Pierre

provocateur agent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it sure looks like those wild Duke boys have been getting a bit wild again ! That's crazy neat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my try - probably not the best, but it was fun to create it!

adobe-smth4tw-pt5-car-final.jpg

BG Image: 'Glistering Pavement' by Patrick Tomasso on Unsplash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice - the white car fits really well in that image

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the white works nicely here and the lighting is well done. Really nice work !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2018 Feb 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maurice there is something missing from that picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - it was badly parked

I know the weekend is over but there is still all this week for anyone else to have a go.

Has anyone got an image they would like to put up for next weekend's challenge? If so - let us know (don't show the image yet). If there are no volunteers I'll put another up.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you all for liking my outcome

Also, LOL @ Trevor.Dennis​​ - you made my day

Can't wait to see next weekend's challenge!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

artistic license

ferrari_599gtb.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines