• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 58 - Behind closed doors.

Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? Well, I hope you do because this weekend's challenge is to open the doors in the image below and show us what is inside. If you look closely, you will see there are three doors and you are free to open one, two or all three.

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

For those who strive for realistic composites, this is an opportunity to practice with perspective and shadows.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW58Doors.jpg

Enjoy !

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What came to mind was a 1956 novelty hit "Green Door" by Jim Lowe. It's about a private lounge that he can't get into.

"Knocked once, tried to tell them I've been there. Door slams, hospitality's thin there. Green Door, what's that secret you're keeping?"

You can search out the full song on Youtube. It's kind of early here, so with the help of clipping masks, blending modes,and fill layers, I kept it simple just to get it done. I hopefully got to just that one green door with the small port. Olden prohibition days a small door would slide open and the "password" was given to get inside.

Green Door.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monty Hall

Note: keeping this to the required 1200 px on the long side makes it look pretty small since the width is tripled!

SFTW58Doors 1200Je.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Gene - I know that song!

Jane - I'll take door number 3 please

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, it gets harder each week to mess up your beautiful masterpieces, but I feared that if I didn't you would stomp through again, this time with an ax.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well someone had to do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there is a light at the end of that tunnel, Trevor. I hope it's not a dead drop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully I didn't let you down with my bizarre

SFTW58Doors1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one, Ged. Do you design music album covers on the side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenShot249.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.9.1, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.1, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wobert I think your hound might be right out of a Sherlock Holmes mystery, and missing one of its heads.

Talking of heads...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided to play around with a bit of grunge. Just for fun I added a chicken looking out the door. LOL.

door.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now that I think of it, the grunge on the bottom suggests a print. I should have added an edge or a frame. Oh well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2019 Feb 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW58Doors.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Well this bodes well for the weekend - lots of entries so far!

Trevor - A regression image and a secret society. I like that you have made an appropriate change to the symbol above the door. We can start a Dan Brown novel on the symbology. One thing on the regression image though - should the lines of studs near the top of the doors (above the vanishing point not angle downwards toward the VP? I only mention this as I know you like to get perspective spot on.

Ged- as surreal as we have come to expect. I agree with Gene it would make a good album cover.

Jacob - something spooky going on behind that door. I'll stay on the outside !

WobertC - Welcome to SFTW. That's a nice idea and nicely executed I hope we see more of you in these threads.

Silkrooster - It would indeed benefit from a frame. Is the chicken involved in some ritual from Trevor or Jacob's images?

Graham - Now we know what building the doors are from, of course we cannot open them and show the proceedings. That would be illegal

Great ideas . Anyone stumbling across this thread - come and join in.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Watchful eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is that a dalek?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The big one or the small one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something simple to start from me:)

SFTW58DoorsM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is something prettier behind the door. Hall of Mirrors, palace of Versailles.

Hall of Mirrors - Wikipedia

SFTW58DoorsHoM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cat and mouse 1.jpg

The cat vs mouse story retold. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, Joan, another mouse in a fifth door; I also considered a mouser in the fourth door but settled for the nameless one last seen in 35 and 41.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting Patiently . . . .

Oh, I see WobertC beat me to posting image of dog at the door.

Good job everyone!

Fun to turn on Photoshop once in a blue moon. SFTW58Doors_sm.jpg

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now there are seven.

SFTW58Doors je 1200.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines