• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 59 - A room with a view.

Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2019 Feb 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There are times in life when sometimes it is nice just like to get away from it all. In my case my ideal would be a nice empty beach where I could spend my days windsurfing. Of course I would need some suitable accommodation, which is where you come in.

The beach below, which is Findhorn in Scotland, is nice and empty. So for this weekend's challenge, can you build the accomodation.

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW59Beach.jpg

Have a great weekend!

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2019 Feb 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sftwe59.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First in this week Graham !

Now I love a nice coffee, so a bag that size will suit me well in my beach retreat - but who put those cups in the sea !!!!!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I'm guilty of liking coffee as well mate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was built many years ago and neglected by Dave

SFTW59Beach2.jpg

P.S. no bizarre today, that may come tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

OldBob - I thought I was getting a choice of accomodation , then I saw that the cat had taken one !

F1Vanc - welcome to SFTW. I'll have that balcony as long as the bar is well stocked !

Ged - you said "This was built many years ago and neglected by Dave". The car or the hut?

A great start - keep them coming, all are welcome.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Ged - you said "This was built many years ago and neglected by Dave". The car or the hut?

That's not a hut, it's a house for small people

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Hi

OldBob - I thought I was getting a choice of accomodation , then I saw that the cat had taken one !

Dave

Ah, but did you notice the mouse he is staring at standing in front of the other, smaller house?

--OB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whose room? Which view?

Beach.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A glass of wine is always nice when you're visiting the beach!

Wine on the beach.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beach retreat walk.jpg

My personal beach. Lots of magical things found here! JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2019 Feb 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Jacob - Looks like I will be living in a shell then. Points though for including a previous SFTW !

Joan - The tide has come in - I hope my coffee didn't get diluted. Nice and quiet that beach.

Dean - It looks like the word got out about how nice that beach is. The balcony looks similar to the one on the house in SFTW 54. Have they moved it ?

Trevor - Excellent, loads of nice touches in that !

It's turning out to be a good one this week!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave. come visit my quiet beach. The Columbia River Gorge has championship windsurfing and it is a short trip from there to my lovely beach. We have one spare room. See ya. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bringing in some of my local beach and using a bit of poetic license, including with perspective.

SFTW59BeachBB.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where's wally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have not quite got the hang of this kite surfing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ussnorway  wrote

where's wally?

Hi Graham,

Can you find him? There are 4.

SFTW59BeachWally.jpg
<edited - Wally was too small in some. there is still 1 where he is a smudge >

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SFTW59Beach_sm.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kp, it seems that some yank(ee)s have yank(e)ed everything up and set it down over there, just like London Bridge; or (the other part) over here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i like the flags but why is two pointing out and only one pointing in toward the building... is that some kind of message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the hidden message is that it is neither here nor there, Graham.

Which reminds me of other unintelligibility issues sometimes occurring round (British) English concepts, such as the machine translation/retranslation.

And, by the way, a story about the origin of the term for someone over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob, I simply merged with a Google image.

I do not have the time to delete the flags, if offends you.

I do live in the states, in a coastal area.

That Google image perhaps was taken on the 4th of July, when our beaches are at it’s peak with tourists and residences.

It's very common to have temporary American flags placed around during this holiday.

K

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k, no offence, only silly amusement opportunities snowballing. Those flags, and their directions, are indispensible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This version, also literally, mirrors the different roominess needs on a beach.

And it also has the, in this case obviously (by closer inspection) literate, other occupant using the fifth door.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines