Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 60 - Pots and Cans

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Winter is not a busy time in the garden but I wonder what might be have been happening in a quiet spot when we were not looking.

So I've modelled a corner of a garden, can you now bring it to life?  You can bring in a bit of nature, a bit of magic or something else entirely. The choice is entirely yours.

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW60Plantpots.jpg

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2019 Feb 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Joan - Spring is indeed nearly here - and plenty of objects from around the world in your image

Rafael - welcome to SFTW! I'm glad you've cleared up that longstanding mystery for us. I'd not realised that they grew head down though

Ponytail414 - Welcome to you also (that's a nice website linked in your profile !) . That looks perfectly summery.

It's always nice to see new participants here - I hope you join us in future weeks

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, thank you for the nice welcome! I’ve been lurking for a while, enjoying all the contributions, finally got an idea for one!

And yes, they grow them upside down and when they are big enough they flip them right side up, pot and everything. Some lose their pots but others keep them:

tmp444265635338256385.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hah.  I was trying to work out the contents of Rafel's pots.  Thanks for the heads up re Leslie's website.  Beautiful illustrations.  The sort of thing that John Nack used to post on his blog before he moved from Adobe to Google.  I know he'd still love some of those illustrations though. Especially Scrooge (I am hoping that the clue is in the Christmas decoration).

It's a bit of a coincidence that Leslie knows our Dag, but she has his likeness down perfect.  It could be Jacob though. 

Leslie, you should post the cartoons to Gene's Something we can all relate to thread in The Lounge. 

Something we all can relate to.

As always, great to see new people joining the SFTW threads.  Please make a point of popping by each Friday (UK time) to see Dave's starter image.  They are often beautifully rendered scenes out of Blender, and we all have great fun destroying them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why thank you, Trevor! You made my day. It's so much fun doing this that I can't believe they give me money.

Trevor.Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines