• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 61 - An ordinary street...........

Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

For this weekend's challenge I bring you an ordinary street, on an ordinary day, in the Scottish city of Glasgow. Nothing unusual until .................. well that is for you to decide!

As always, anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone and everyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. This is to stop the thread slowing down when lots of images are added.

To download the image below in jpeg format with ICC color profile (sRGB) and without the forum scaling artefacts , right click and then use Save Image As /Save Target As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW61Street.jpg

Have fun.

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coffee break time...  I've made 21 changes to the image. Some subtle, some less so - can you find them ?

SFTW61StreetChanges.jpg

I'll drop the answers in later in the week but in the meantime you can always check your findings, or cheat, with the difference blend mode

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, it looks like an instant street respray job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“Someone” listened to Joan and picked up a trash bag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the red car in the foreground is a greenish-yellow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Five Guys has been replaced!

BTW, the original Five Guys, back when there was only one, was in Arlington, Virginia, and the second was at King Street and Beauregard in Alexandria, about three miles from where I grew up. Both are gone now, as is Brenner’s Bakery, who used to make the buns.

Five Guys Story

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to see one bag of trash moved. Good boy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, it is soooo tempting to cheat, but that takes the fun out of it.    My favourite change is the little red and green pedestrians.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-Girl walking past outdoor cafe went from a blue top to a red striped one.

-Blonde in gray dress walking toward erstwhile Five Guys has lost her green shopping bag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a bit late as had some computer issues. Here is my Inception inspired addition.

SFTW61StreetIncep.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ends of justice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the new Taggart on the scene, I shudder to think what might be in those bins.  The bins are  green, so I suppose it might count as recycling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, Trevor,

With the new Taggart on the scene, I shudder to think what might be in those bins.  The bins are  green, so I suppose it might count as recycling.

Actually, in answer to post #28 by Jane,

“Someone” listened to Joan and picked up a trash bag.

I had already written a post #32, foretelling which kind of bags/contents of bags, based on an undoubtedly silly but presumed innocent (multiple) pun, note the crosses,

Now we just need some more someones to pick up the ++++++++.

That post passed the forum nanny filter, but then it was caught up in moderation with the option of editing it for approval, which would obviously just kill any meaning (however silly) of it, so I quietly deleted it.

As a set of clues, the first four ++++ of the word originates round 1200, the (main) meaning (still) being a film or layer of foul or extraneous matter that forms on the surface of a liquid, recently extended to have less lovable folk as an additional meaning, and the last four ++++ meaning a certain kind of container already mentioned by Jane, the full word ++++++++ used at least since 1800 in sugar refining as the name of a frame covered in coarse cloth used in straining, (just about just as) recently switched to have less lovable folk as the main meaning.

Curiously, I am quite certain that it has been used by at least one, most likely two, or even three, of the current members of the team investigating, but unused by the most softspoken fourth member, of course.

It seems that there is a set of extremely vulgar (to use a term from the forum guidelines) meanings from over there which I knew nothing about until researching this, and now finding it strange that the forum nanny filter (which is based on words and word forms over there (evident from other cases)) failed to catch this, given the sometimes extreme sensibility which at least for a long time made it impossible to use the actual name of one or more Illustrator tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ordinary Abbey Road.jpg

Unfortunately, the "28IF" Volkswagen is facing the wrong way for this one-way street.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering how long it would take the "Fab Four" to make an appearance.  Well done!

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, great idea, but but you missed a trick with  the Zebra crossing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okat, Trevor, if you insist . . .

Ordinary Abbey Road2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, and I didn't even see that coming!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit of a cheat as it is in two parts, but I couldn't get the paper into the scene and still be able to read  the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a convicted felon can not become president no mater who wants to vote for him but I assume you know that mate... imo the rest of that senario is pretty much spot on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Dean - I'd not seen Inception but will have to take a look now that I've looked it up.

Jacob - looks like a bin identity parade. I think it was teh second one from the left.

John - the first made me smile - but the second had me laughing out loud.

Trevor - that's a great apocolyptic scene. The broken windows are very good.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answers to the coffee break puzzle in post 25. Did you get them all?

SFTW61StreetChangesAnswers.gif

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dave,

And then there is the 22nd, the one without the red ring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

Jacob - looks like a bin identity parade. I think it was teh second one from the left.

Seen from the West Nile Street/Five Guys/Strathclyde Police Mercedes side or the Renfield Street/Topolabamba/Bread Meats Bread side?

This reminds me of the strip with the working Wizard of Id and the peckish peasant and the two piles of apples between them, one pile poisoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines