Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 7 - Driftwood

Community Expert ,
Feb 16, 2018 Feb 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Last weekend's Fuse character challenge had some great responses and ideas. This week is something completely different but hopefully will get the imaginative juices flowing.

I saw this piece of driftwood on the beach at Spey Bay in Scotland. The shapes reminded me of animal bones and that got me thinking about how we all see different things in abstract shapes such as clouds, rocks or pieces of wood.

So the challenge this week is to take all or part of the driftwood below and put it into a scene where it becomes something other than just a piece of wood.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

SFTW7Driftwood.jpg

Enjoy and have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2018 Feb 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some great entries so far.

Nancy - that shoe is very, very clever. Jimmy Choo will be calling you later today

Jodi - your creature is very well made, the patterning in the wood is just right and the straw in his mouth is a great touch. I love it !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much Dave. The moment I saw the driftwood image I spotted that face there in center bottom. I couldn't see anything else after that !! I originally had his whole body with legs but I wasn't feeling it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folk around here take their organic farming very seriously

SFTW7DriftwoodTractor.jpg

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh that's just PERFECT Dave !!  Tha's an awesome tractor !! Brilliant !! ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A tractor straight out of the Flintstones Dave?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's very clever Nancy. Looks like a diagram out of Grey's Anatomy. Love the choice of warm advancing colors as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You looking at me ? You got a problem ? Ya I'm stuck here...what's it to you ??  Leave me and my birdie be... Just walk away...

challengeweek7.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really nice Jodi. I think you must have been educated at the Salvador Dali School of Modern Art. He's my favourite 20th century painter far more interesting than Picasso. I particularly like the seagull on his arm. I don't know if you realise it but your very good with color.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why didn't I get notification that you commented Terri ?? I just happened to drop in and found your words. I sure appreciate your positive energy. Thank you !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a struggle but I managed to scale it

log2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha that's great !! The summit is close !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you think Apple will name their next operating system after that piece of driftwood? I only realised recently they always name after American mountains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First attempt

0036.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome Ged - now I didn't see a camel coming !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome Camel !!! ❤️ !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very nice Ged. Love the gold coloration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect everyone thought of doing this, but as I'm not American I probably can get away with doing it without being executed.

MAGA.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LMAO Terri that is too great !!! Love it !!! ❤️ ❤️

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Terri+Stevens  wrote

I expect everyone thought of doing this, but as I'm not American I probably can get away with doing it without being executed.

MAGA.jpg

You really think Theresa May won't give you up to the Yanks to maintain the 'Special Relationship'?  Your only hope is for Norfolk to unilaterally declare itself a free state, and rejoin the Common Market.  If that fails, then I am sure you could pull off an orange jump suit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't think Dave's challenge would be very successful this week as it's not in the least bit easy, but it's turning into one of the most successful yet-a reflection of the very talented people who come here. If your just looking, don't be shy give it a go, we would love to see what you can do. The prize this week is Dave's luxury home in Monaco where he, Stormy Daniels and Ivanka Trump sit by the swimming pool talking about Photoshop for sixteen hours a day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...........The prize this week is Dave's luxury home in Monaco where he, Stormy Daniels and Ivanka Trump sit by the swimming pool talking about Photoshop for sixteen hours a day.

That's not all we do though Terri. Sometimes we walk along the beach so that I can photograph bits of wood

Does he look a bit like a mountaineer with a beard or has my brain gone into overdrive?

The longer you stare the more you see, and yes that's what I saw !

Another example is the cheerleader front centre of my last image ....

Takes all the menace out of it

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That looks like a bunny Dave   ❤️ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bunny and a cheerleader!  I guess I'm not cut out to make dark , frightening images

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave I should have said I see an evil looking bunny with skin shredding teeth. I forgot to add that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of you may recognize this as His Master's Voice.  Except this driftwood reminds me of a hound; not a terrier.

mastersVoice.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines