• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the Weekend - Part 89 - Lockdown!

Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Our forum regulars will know that we used to run a weekly challenge in the old Photoshop forums. We had to take a break, due to some issues with the way this new forum was handling the images, but I am very pleased to say that those issues have been resolved and Something for the Weekend returns.

So, for this weekend,  I bring you a jail scene that I modelled in Blender 3D and textured using Adobe Substance. The scene is set, what will you make with it? Who, or what, will you put behind bars?

The “rules”:

• Anything goes, as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.
  • Anyone, and everyone, is welcome to have a go, whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.
  • There are no prizes apart from the chance to practice, show off your skills, or bring a bit of humour and fun. Don't be shy, join in and have a go!

To download the image below in jpeg format at 3000 x 2000 pixels and with an embedded ICC color profile (sRGB), hover over the image with your mouse and click on the circle with the arrows that appears at the top right. Then, when the image opens in its own window, right click and choose “Save Image As/Save Target As” (or similar depending on your browser)

SFTW89Jail.jpg

When posting back your image – please use the Blue reply button in this first post and attach your image using the Image button at the top of the posting box that appears. If posting a comment on someone else’s entry then please use the grey reply button next to their image post.

Have fun

Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After 31 weeks with this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - normal service is resumed Jacob 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a truly spectular scene, Dave! It deserves to be framed and hanging from a wall, so I've done that for you here:

SFTW89Jail Jane 1200.jpg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Birds of a feather, Jane?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well we've used two of those pics in SFTW - we'll have to go for the third
Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, some day soon:

Wanted - Covid 19.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one Greg ! I wish it was that easy 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay!  😃  I thought these threads were never coming back.  I was going to say it is pouring with rain here, but the sun has suddenly come out so I have a dilemma.  I'll be joing in soon though. 😃😃

That's a great render and starter image Dave.  Incredibly realistic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Trevor 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are we in Jail? or Safe at home?

jail or safe at home?jail or safe at home?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you are enjoying lockdown Chana. I like the posters 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

trying to do my best Dave! keep my sense of humor going! Helps my energy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what happened here

sftwe89-rendor.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad to see you are still posting Graham.  Nice job with the distortions through the glass bottle, was it Dimension?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks and yes its Dimension

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Leslie, but it is the law.  At least one upload has to take the rise out of Trump.  😉

SFTW Jail.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Haha - nice job Trevor - do I know that sheriff?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh poor Trevor, he is getting his news from exremely quesiontable sources haha. You do know it was the Democrats who "colluded" with Russia? Oh dear. Maybe not. I still think you are very cute anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful render Dave, I remember you showed me this some time ago and now I finally get to see the final render, it's good to see SFTW back again 🙂

2019-10-03_15-12-40.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is good to see its being stronger than you, Ged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yo Ged.  I was thinking this might bring you out of your temporary step back from the forum.  It bought me back as well, and I think Graham had said he was going to stop posting.  Good to see you both and I'm looking forward to one of your bizzare interpretations of Dave's starter image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Ged - great to see you back. I look forward to a bit of surrealism 🙂

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Week089-(Jail).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You had me going there Rista. I was looking for the jail image and then I realised 🙂  Very topical !

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines