Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Something for the weekend - Part 9 - Mr Dressup

Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Given that last weekend's angel challenge is still going strong it almost seems a shame to start a new challenge. But Friday is here so it is indeed time for a new one

This week's challenge is set for us by Jodi_Frye   It is a scene from one of her favourite TV show when she was "little" - Mr Dressup. So Jodi's  challenge to us, is to use one or more of the characters in a new scene.

Anything goes as long as it meets the forum rules on decency, copyright etc.

Anyone is welcome to have a go - whether you are a complete beginner or a Photoshop expert.

There are no prizes - just the chance to practice, show off, or bring a bit of humour and fun.

When posting back your edited images please use jpeg and downsize to 1200px on the long side. 

To download the image below without the forum scaling artifacts, right click and then use Save Image As / Save Picture As (or similar depending on your browser).

mrdressup1.jpg

Dave (on behalf of Jodi this week )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis  wrote

...like Nancy is up there with the highest point scorers.  John posts in The Lounge, and kglad is nothing short of a legend — he only shows a bit over 300,000 points, but his point counter has been round the clock a few times, and the forum doesn't have room for all the zeros

Just goes to show, we don't have lives & spend way too much time answering forum questions.

Does anyone know of a public link to the Forum News?  It is always full of interesting stuff.

Ask Madison.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love to take credit for slaving for hours making the Mr Dressup jigsaw, but after having the original idea, I looked around and came across a brilliant action by Bojan Živković who is an ACP here on the Adobe forums. Bojan makes his action freely available at

http://www.designeasy.co/2015/05/free-puzzle-pieces-actions-for.html

It's beautifully simple to use. All you do is crop the image to one of five available aspect ratios. Then you choose the number of pieces and then the action allows you to use the standard Photoshop layer styles to bevel and add the shadows manually. Every piece of the jigsaw ends up as a layer and so you can then move and rotate the pieces, which is really all I had to do. Thanks Bojan for sharing something I'm sure you probably could be charging for.  As for you Nancy, you have an evil mind, but I like it . If I knew Dave was going to rebuild the puzzle I would have gone for 250 pieces and indeed left a piece out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a pretty cool action Terri and I remember it when it was first created. Would be kind of fun if we just had a challenge where everyone used this action and posted their results. I guess it wouldn't really be a challenge... maybe just call it The Puzzle Gallery

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that is impressive, and it even creates a duplicate of the original image.  I made a bad choice and went with the 150 piece option on a full res image without thinking, and had to sit and wait for it to make 150 layers.   I would have loved for the layers to be grouped at the end of the action, as they took a bit of selecting with full size previews, even with a full height layers panel.  Bojan   that is a very fine action, and must have taken a while to make with so many options.  Thanks for sharing.

Jane, there is no way I can resist a challenge like that, but you'll have to allow me some time.  I have two jobs worth of pictures and video to process, and we are flat out chasing builders etc. for the house refurb.  My Chris is already starting to regret starting the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trevor.Dennis You are welcome! I can not remember how much time I spent to record actions. Who cares anyway? The free version is simpler based on real-world puzzle pieces bought in our local shops. Later on, I have created and paid version which is creating up to 2000 pieces and it is based on Ravensburger puzzles and my interpretation. In that time I checked everything that can be found on the internet and I bought a couple of puzzles in our local shops.

By the way, if any ACP needs actions for 1000 or 2000 pieces just email me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I suspect 150 layers might take a while, but on that supercharged workstation of yours I suspect it didn't take too long. I might have misunderstood Trevor, but if you turn on 'Auto Select' with the move tool active you don't really need to fool with the layers as you can just click and move the pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2018 Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thought I'd have a play

saw-puppet-merged.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha ha !! Awesome !! I don't think Casey is in Kansas anymore...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome sishamDSS - nice job !

Come and join us on this weeks challenge here : Something for the weekend - Part 10 - 7 a day!

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines