• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Space Bar Panning Does Not Work with Laptop Track-pad (Works with Regular Mouse)

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having some issues using the track-pad on my HP Spectre laptop with Photoshop and Illustrator.

When I press the space bar in Photoshop, the cursor turns into the hand icon. Then if I click and drag with the track-pad on my laptop nothing happens... the hand icon just sits there.

If I press the space bar, then click and drag with a normal mouse, I am able to pan around without an issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows, What version of Photoshop and have you enabled touch gestures in Photoshop Preferences? You should not need to uset the space bar, Just use your touch pad.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out the issue was with my Window's laptops "smart sense" settings that was disabling the track-pad while the keyboard was in use. Once I disabled that feature in windows, it started working correctly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In case others have this issue, another possibility is that your touchpad will allow you to pan WITHOUT holding the spacebar. I discovered this on my Windows laptop: simply dragging with two fingers on the trackpad panned the view (in the same way spacebar + mouse click works on other machines).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines