Specify size when exporting using Photoshop generate images

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope someone can help me with this... couldn'f find anything related to this.

I read in the guide that you can specify export size when generating images assets from layers in photoshop.

Suposedly if you us this name structure:

300mm x 20cm Rounded_rectangle_3.png

But when I try... it just doesn't work. It does export all the images in the correct format and so on... but the size part just doesn't work. It just crops the asset to the minimum size with no empty space. Is there something i'm missing? Do I need to activate something somwhere...?

For now what I'm doing is creating a mask with the correct size in each layer, but would be much quicker if I could just put the size in the name and get it done.

What can I do? Thank you very much in advance! 😄

I'm using photoshop 2022 in a mackbook pro with MacOs BigSur 11.2.2

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen, 

It doesn't help much, sorry... I already checked that... I tried to do the same on a computer with windows and it worked... it seems that it has something to do with macOS or at least with my laptop... 

Thank you anyway, I appreciate you took the time to answer! 😄

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually "centimeters" is a meaningless concept in Export and I can't imagine how that could work.

Export sizes the image in pixels only. Measurement in cm would be determined by the ppi (pixels per inch) number, but there is no ppi in Export. If there already is a ppi number in the file, it's stripped out.

It's important to understand that Export is for web/screen/mobile, and ppi (and hence physical size) simply doesn't apply on screen. Ppi is a print parameter. On screen, the "resolution" is the native screen resolution of whatever device you're viewing the file on.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! Yes, sorry for the missunderstanding, just copied the text from the guide Stephen linked. I tried using px or writing only the numbers and still didn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines