• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stack mode is greyed out in cs6 wwhen all are smart objects and are layers and all selected.

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get this to work?  I am trying to get photoshop to combine some objects in the stacked photos.  I do not understand why after selecting all  the various smart objects which are layered, and going to Layers- smart objects - stack mode is greyed out. What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stack Mode works when a single Smart Object is targeted. (It's only available in Photoshop Extended and Photoshop CC, by the way.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then why is it there in cs6 under smart objects if it is not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have CS6 Extended, or standard?

And have you used the stack modes before?  Are you sure that's what you want, and not just simple layer compositing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2013 May 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have Photoshop Standard it will always be grayed out. Its been the way since Adobe added stack mode blending.  It was reported in this forum that extended feature do not show in standard by an Adobe employee.  So I asked him why then does stack mode always show as a grayed out option the in standard Photoshop. He reported back that it shouldn't its a bug.  That he would get it fixed. I would not count on a bug like this ever being fixed. Adobe defers fixing bugs that do not have a large impact. http://forums.adobe.com/message/4622078#4622078

Oh I see I'm wrong again Adobe is addressing the problem they are removing Photoshop Standard edition in CC.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uploaded the photos. I aliagned the photos after selecting them all. With them selected, I went to Layers- Smart objects - Convert to smart object. When converted there was one object. I selected that and went back to smark Objects and stack mode was still greyed out. I have the images as 16 bit.

I tried the same thing with converting the photos to smart objects one at a time and targeting multiple images and stack mode was still greyed otu.  What am I doing wrong?

Please give specific steps as I am somewhat new at this. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines