• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Star/Favorite files, similar to Acrobat?

Participant ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been an avid user of Acrobat for a very long time. I was wondering if there is any way to "star" files in Photoshop the same way Adobe does. There could be a feature that I'm missing (I'm sure of it, haha). I want to have quick access to files that I open often. 

Also, I don't want it on the cloud. There are several files on my computer I want to do this with and I'm perfectly fine accessing it from there. I saw the Library option but that isn't quite what I'm looking for.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Hi @musziQ 

You might try this:

You can also change the number of recents in Preferences > File Handling, the use the sort and filter options in the Home Screen to find specific files if that works for you.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can tag your files with 0 to 5 stars in Adobe Bridge and open them from Bridge. You can also use the Recents list in Adobe Photoshop from either the File menu or the Home Screen.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My issue with recents (which is actually why I made this post) is that the file will eventually be removed from recents, as I open more files.

I may just end up using the Library feature...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @musziQ 

You might try this:

You can also change the number of recents in Preferences > File Handling, the use the sort and filter options in the Home Screen to find specific files if that works for you.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhh Collections. I never thought about that (the feature I was missing haha). My workflow is actually LR-PS. I'll just setup the collection in my LR. I already use collections extensively there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2021 Oct 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I organize most frequently used files in folders with my OS's file manager (Win File Explorer or Mac Finder) and sort them by date modified. 

Does that help you?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kinda. I have my images in separate albums and my watermarks and other graphics in separate folders by type. However, there are a lot in there but only a handful that I use often. I like Jane's recommendation of using collections,which I already use in LR (the main part of my work flow).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines