• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stencils for wireframe

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a built-in wireframe stencil within PS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2018 Aug 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using PS to develop wireframe, so I am looking for placeholder, ok button, search bar, field for input. I am currently drawing a box, two lines crossing each other inside the box to make a placeholder. And each is a layer by itself and I can't move them together unless I group them or convert them to smart object (I am not so smart with PS yet). And if I start to resize this placeholder, I nearly faint after seeing how ugly it is. And I spend nearly hours to do one screen and not yet completed. I recall when I was using Omnigraffle, I can do this within a couple of minutes and is so gorgeous. I am sure PS can do better than this.

Not sure if I have explained well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not well explained as I couldn't imagine it. It would be helpful you posted some screenshots from before and after result, or some short video illustrating that you want to achieve. That's maybe somehow possible to do, but let us understand it first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let say we want to produce this placeholder, a very simple wireframe object. What will you do in Adobe Photoshop?

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 4.49.09 PM.png

And to make matter "worst", I want to copy paste to different screen but I need to resize them bigger/smaller. The quality of the resized object is below expectation.

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 4.57.36 PM.png

The above is take from an existing (smaller size placeholder I made) and paste it here and resize to bigger dimension and the quality dropped drastically.

However, in Axure, there already exist such commonly used icons for you to pull out, resize (to your heart content) and without compromising the quality (all in less than 3 seconds) and you do this again and again.

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 4.53.46 PM.png

I may not be using the PS the correct way (this is my second week working with PS) [p/s: I am "forced" to learn this ]

Hope this explain my "frustration"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop is no page layout application so this is not a feature that seems to be desired particularly frequently.

I would recommend using Shape Layers with a Stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines