• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop showing Confiramtion Dialog Box for 'Merge Shape Components'

Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to stop showing a confirmation dialog box or just click the 'Yes' button programmatically?

The next code merging shapes and throws the confirmation dialog box. The presence of DialogModes.NO doesn't affect anything.

var desc758 = new ActionDescriptor();
var ref162 = new ActionReference();
ref162.putEnumerated( charIDToTypeID( "Path" ), charIDToTypeID( "Ordn" ), charIDToTypeID( "Trgt" ) );
desc758.putReference( charIDToTypeID( "null" ), ref162 );
executeAction( stringIDToTypeID( "combine" ), desc758, DialogModes.NO );

Annotation 2020-07-05 055141.png

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Advocate , Jul 04, 2020 Jul 04, 2020

put the tick on don't show again

Votes

Translate

Translate
People's Champ , Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

put the tick on don't show again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I know that 🙂 I just wanted to not break the program flow by showing the message if let's say a user never ticked this checkmark. It's more like a whim, but anyway would be nice to have this on board to not stop the script by throwing any messages. I researched a lot but couldn't find any proper information. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from the information in my possession there is no way to turn off the window you can only do as described above

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I understand, the warnings and settings windows for which DialogModes.NO is responsible are two different things. There are certain types of operations that must be explicitly acknowledged by the user. I don’t know how to get around them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answers guys @geppettol66959005  @jazz-y  That make sense. I just wanted to know if it is possible/impossible to do in order to not search the answer any further if you both said that you had this question before. I never stop saying that it's sad that simple things are not possible to do. Just wonder is there will be any API updates in the nearest future or it's just a lovely night dream from which you don't want to wake up 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2020 Jul 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What a neat workaround! Thank you @r-bin for sharing the link. That what exactly I was looking for - to stop showing a confirmation box with any possible methods. NO MORE BANANA LEAVES!!!! (© Jumanji). 

Apologizing to @geppettol66959005 for changing the correct answer. Basically all the answers were correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines