• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Superman The Movie Opening Title Credits in Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2019 Jan 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

web-to-print_superman_opening_credits.pngHi... I'm nearly a complete newbie. I'm trying to make some font into something that looks like the old Superman title credits... no animation required. I get the basic 3D done, but can't finish the job. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Hi

In older versions (CC2018) I would have advised doing this with 3D volume rather than 3D extrusion which would give a better effect - but in CC2019 3D volume is broken.

You could however - use an extrusion to get something close

Add a bevel to the extrusion - this will give the edge to the letters

Set the opacity of the front inflation material, back inflation and back bevel to 0 to make them transparent (Turn all other values to 0)

Lower the opacity of the extrusion material ( I used 21%)
Set the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with 3D. Have a look at the Spin/ Zoom filter. You may just need multiple layers with different settings to get a nice effect.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In older versions (CC2018) I would have advised doing this with 3D volume rather than 3D extrusion which would give a better effect - but in CC2019 3D volume is broken.

You could however - use an extrusion to get something close

Add a bevel to the extrusion - this will give the edge to the letters

Set the opacity of the front inflation material, back inflation and back bevel to 0 to make them transparent (Turn all other values to 0)

Lower the opacity of the extrusion material ( I used 21%)
Set the diffuse value of all materials to black

Set the Illumination of the front bevel and extrusion to blue

IAfter rendering add a glow in layer effects.

If the colour is not what you need just add a Hue and Sat /curves adjustment  layer above it and adjust

You can straighten the letters using a smart object and Transform Perspective.

I hope that helps you

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant! Thank you, kind sir!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm definitely brand new in Photoshop. I have the newest version. How would I step by step do this? I'm sorry if that's too much work to describe. I'm also interested in creating something like this: superman.jpgThanks, 

Gerry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines