Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switch Tool But Keep Same Brush Preset

Contributor ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all

I used to know how to do this, but have since forgotten and cannot find the solution anymore:

If for example you have the Paintbrush tool selected, and are maybe using the tool preset "Airbrush 1" (just for example).

Now I change tool to the Mixer Brush tool.

How I can keep using "Airbrush 1" in the Mixer Brush tool?

I remember for 100% certain there is way to do it - for example we need to hold down certain key (CTRL key maybe?) while switching to other tool. So for example it would go like:

1. press B to select the Paintbrush tool

2. select the "Airbrush 1" from the Tool Presets panel

3. hold down CTRL

4. while holding down CTRL, press M to switch over to Mixer Brush tool

5. at this point the Mixer Brush tool is active, and the tool preset has stayed on "Airbrush 1" because we held down CTRL at same time. (the Airbrush 1 preset will now behave a little differently because we are now on Mixer Brush, but this is the desired outcome)

I do not believe that CTRL is the key to do this - but there is for sure a key to hold down to acheive this, but I do not remember. 

Would anybody have a solution to this? Many thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Hello, you need to command+option click (Mac)  control+alt click  (Win) to change the preset without switching tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor , Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Hello, thank you 🙂

This is now working. I have found out that this works when selecting a Brush Preset from within the Brushes panel. 

However it does not work within the Tool Presets Panel. This is what I was trying to figure out but now realize it is not possible. 

Many thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you need to command+option click (Mac)  control+alt click  (Win) to change the preset without switching tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello, thank you 🙂

This is now working. I have found out that this works when selecting a Brush Preset from within the Brushes panel. 

However it does not work within the Tool Presets Panel. This is what I was trying to figure out but now realize it is not possible. 

Many thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines