• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching tools with shortcuts will instantly switch back to last used tool after releasing key

Participant ,
Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suffer an annoying problem since some releases and can't get rid of it. A lot of (not each) times I try to switch a tool with a shortcut e.g. b-brush to e-eraser or r-rotate (it does actually not depend on the tool) Photoshop changes the tool but switches back instantly after I release the shortcut key to the tool which I wanted to change.

So if i use a brush and want to switch to the eraser, it toogles the tool to the eraser, but switches back to the brush after I release shortcut "e". after two or three more switches, I get the tool I want and the eraser stays the eraser after key release. But I have to switch it 2-4 times until Photoshop just keeps the new tool active.

Does anyone know how to solve that issue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2022 Oct 05, 2022

Go to Preferences >Tools and uncheck 'Spring Loaded Tool Shortcuts'

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Preferences >Tools and uncheck 'Spring Loaded Tool Shortcuts'

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness, thank you. I've suffered from this problem for over a YEAR and I didn't know there was such a simple fix. I've gotten accustomed to hitting 'Z' three times every time I want to switch to the zoom tool. Sometimes that didn't even help and I'd have to actually click on the tool in the toolbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2024 Mar 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow... thank you. This was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not find it for a year... I thought it might be caused by corrupt preferences and lastly thought it might have something to do with a changed behaviour, but did absolutly nowhere find any hint. Thanks a lot! that's it.

(But how can Adobe change any behaviour without noticing it for a user! That really sucks ...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines