• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync settings between several computers using Photoshop CC 2021 . Still not possible?

Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hej, 

is it really still not possible to sync settings and presets between several computers using photoshop cc 2021?

I have a macBook and a workstation (Win 10) and need to sync all settings and presets (brushes, actions, colour settings and shortcuts). Some year ago I remember this was possible using Adobe Cloud, but now I learned Adobe cancelled this opportunity 2015(?). 

2015 is 5 years back in time, is there still no way to automatically sync presets? Can’t believe Adobe pushed Photoshop in to the cloud without giving its users an efficient way to sync. 

Whats would be the most efficient way share presets (actions, brusches, shortcut color settings etc.) between computers today? 

Thank You!

Anders 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be easy to copy user application files between  machines if  your  install Photoshop versions into Adobe's default locations.  On windows  user application data dpe Adoneapllpication are off  "C:\Users\jjmac\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\"

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thank you!

I was hoping there would be a more efficient way to do this. Your method works for synchronising once in a while, but not for continuously.

Have a nice day, and thank you for the screen shot,

Anders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is there a method to sync all settings, actions, brushes of photoshop CC 2021 on mac? 10.15 or big sur

i am using photoshop professionally on different macs and at different office locations, so it would be just super-nice to not set up everything from scratch in 2021. thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can copy your Photoshop preferences to each install on your machines and you can copy or share your photoshop assets via network shares and also via Adobe Cloud and Cloud libraries. Mac OS changes and M1 present some problens check Adobe posted issues.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you explain this further?  You mention Adobe cloud, which I think would automatically keep machines synced when signed in under the same account.  

Am I able to use Adobe Cloud to do this for all settings, presets, actions, brushes, fonts, etc?  If so, how do I set this up?  I have various items- gradients, overlays... in my Photoshop "library."  How would I include actions, settings, etc. here?  Is it possible?  If no-what other options do you suggest?

Specs: 

• Adobe CC 2021
  • Photoshop 2021 (22.1.0),
  • Lightroom Classic 10.1 (also have Lightroom CC installed, in HOPES of it being the key to syncing, but don't use otherwise)
  • Mac OS, desktop running Catalina 10.15.7
  • MacBook Pro running Big Sur (current)

Plus (if it makes any difference) I use an External SSD for images, Dropbox for Backup and storage of Presets/Actions, plus overlays, backgrounds, etc. (could Dropbox somehow work to keep any of this synced ?)

I really feel like there HAS to be a way... 

Thanks so much

Nicole

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, one touch syncing even across the same platform still cannot be done in 2021. Adboe takes our money, outsources software development and support to the cheapest labor hire providers in the gloabl south and laughs in our face. Even such obvious features as this are too much bother for them, be thankful for synced libraries, that took a decade from feature request to acutality. Did I mnetion Affinity products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why on Earth did you guys remove settings sync? In this day and age where everything is in the cloud - including the Adobe Cloud - we can't sync our settings? This is just dumb, and I'd like to know a good reason why that feature was removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

poosibly because their code base is so legacy and so buggy syncing acorss major versions got broken, but honestly who knows with Adobe these days, the blind leading the blind far as I can tell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2023 Nov 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're probably right. When they let go all of their best engineers several years ago, some of who were friends of mine, things started going downhill. Yet Adobe was more than happy to convert to the subscription model because you know piracy and all, but not follow through on continuing to deliver a state of the art product. No wonder they bought FIgma; they can't keep up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2023 Nov 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't know theyd bought Figma. I recall that from it's pre-release days, could barely do anythign with it but was similar to Apples Quartz Composer Editor which I coded video efects and sporting broadcast overlays in so I had a play with Figma. It's sad when start up founds sell out, often under pressure from their funders who were only ever there for the payday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think they bought it since it was the primary competitor - aside from Sketch which I think is Mac-only - for its XD application in the web/mobile design and prototyping app space; not sure how far its reach is outside of that. And I was super disappointed that the Figma founders sold, not as a user, but as one who loves seeing smaller companies thrive. Having been around long enough to see this happen time and time again, I wasn't surprised. This reminds me of the Aldus Pagemaker - QuarkXpress - InDesign debacle in the early to mid-90s. Adobe was already developing InDesign to compete with Quark but bought Aldus anyway only to later bury Pagemaker altogether. Adobe XD is currently in "maintenance mode" so I'm not sure if they're sunsetting it or just absorbing Figma into it only to bury the app we know as Figma in the not-so-distant future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tell your friends I'm sorry for their firing. well at least they're in an idustry where good coders are paid very well c.f. to most folks.US Congress should do an anti-trust on a bunch of US based multinational tech corporations. they're too big and have a toxic impact on the "ecosystem" they claim to be so passionate about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of them ended up doing very well because they are literally some of the brightest minds in tech and computer science. They were actually original employees of Macromedia, so they got transitioned over when Adobe gobbled that company up. And I agree 100% about these companies being too big and having too much power. Of course investors want a company to be successful so they make money, that's their game. But when all of this eventually ends up eliminating thse smaller companies who inovate it's not good for anyone except founders and investors. At some point everyone should consider whether they truly have a passion for these artistic endeavors and those who create or just the money from selling the tools, not making great ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines