• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Testing Authenticity Photoshop Installation.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I, on the Adobe site, test the authenticity of my Photoshop installation. I am being told in is not authentic. I strongly disagree.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop and OS and did you download it from the Adobe site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not download from Adobe. I am talking about CS6. And Sierra. It has been installed and working correctly with Adobe since 2016. I updated it here several times. No problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

If you purchased this software directly from Adobe, then go to your account on Adobe: Creative, marketing and document management solutions and get the details of your order (under Plans > Order History) and your registration (under Plans > My Products) then contact Adobe using the contact details in the message.

If you are not sure that the pop up is genuine - see here: Adobe Genuine software

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is "how do I, on the Adobe site, test the authenticity of my Photoshop installation." But, thank you. I guess the pop up could be malware now that you allude to the possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if CS6 is listed as one of you pruduct  with your Mac serials in your account on Adobe,com.  It should have been regitered there the first time you activated CS6  in 2016.  Find your serial number

CS6 is version 13

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JJmack. I followed your instructions. I find my CS4, CS5, and Lightroom serial numbers (all standalone). I do not see one for my standalone CS6. I think it used to show up there, but am not sure. It boggles my mind that I have done everything correctly, including purchasing from a legitimated seller, and find myself in this position. I have used my CS6 for years, including being connected with Creative Cloud, and I can assure everyone that it is not virus infected. I do not need Adobe's "protection."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've had several posts recently like this, some said they bought CS6 from a legitimate buyer but on investigation some purchasers may have bought a bogus copy. Do you know where you bought your copy?

But if you state you have a subscription to CC, can't you download a copy via that (and maybe a more recent version)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Derek. All my Adobe products are standalone. I have a CC free account, and have never downloaded anything from Adobe except "Bridge"--which is free. Oh, and I did update my perfect standalone CS6 using the Adobe site twice (no problems).

I have no reason to doubt the seller I purchased CS6 from. Yes, I think I can still find a link to the seller, but I haven't visited that site for a very long time. I would be happy to put Adobe into contact with that seller, assuming I can find a link again. I think the issue is between the seller and Adobe, leaving me out of it. After all Adobe has not questioned the use of my CS6 for years now.

Yes, I could abandon my perfect copy of CS6 and take Adobe up on its offer of a reduced price, I think, on the photography package (Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, and 20 Gig of cloud storage). But, I already have a standalone Lightroom and all the cloud storage I need. So, Adobe's offer is not a very good deal for me especially since I am being deprived of a properly paid-for CS6 that has no problems whatsoever.

Does Adobe really have the right to, in effect, invade my home, access my computer, and render a program unusable? Adobe has provided me no evidence that I can test to show to show the validity of their conclusion that my CS6 somehow is "bad." I think my rights likely are being violated. I certainly have the right not to be spammed by Adobe with malware for 30 days When a simple email would be adequate to get me to contact them when I get ready. You can't even close the malware when it appears.  I have to move it far out of the way. Sometimes it disappears, but it always comes back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you're over reacting – I think it unlikely that Adobe is trying to invade your home!

I'm sure you can sort out the issue, assuming it's a legit copy of Photoshop and you haven't changed your OS significantly.

You state you have a free CC account, as a matter of interest why don't you use it?

By the way, most people on these forums are users like you, not Adobe employees.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I said "does Adobe really have the right to, in effect, invade my home, access my computer, and render a program unusable?" So, of course, Adobe is not planning to physically invade my home, etc., but the effect of what it is planning to do the same. I seriously doubt Adobe is going to do anything more than it already has done in my case--to a loyal Adobe follower. I first got my Adobe account years and years ago and have maintained it continuously since way before Revel--back to when Adobe simply provided a way to share albums with friends. I purchased the first Photoshop and updated every time a new version came out. I don't think I am overreacting.

What do you mean why don't I use my CC account. Isn't it clear that I have been using it. How would you have me use it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a CC account you can download CS6 (and the recent version of Photoshop CC2019).

Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe Creative Cloud trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not for free. The account is free. That doesn't mean you get free CC software. I have already paid for a legitimate CS6. And, I strongly prefer standalone versions of software anyway. And, you have to buy a package. As indicated, I already have everything the package I would buy has, but in standalone versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines