• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text engraved in wood effect

Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2018 Dec 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can read this tutorial for engraved wood effect http://www.psd-dude.com/tutorials/create-an-engraved-wood-logo-in-photoshop.aspx

Or you can use the free engraved wood mockup [ dead link, disabled by moderator ]

carved-wood-photoshop-free-psd[1].jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2019 Jan 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Easily arranged Jane

Dave

Npw it’s awesome, Dave, thank you!!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave that end grain is incredible.  You could really believe it was a photograph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all - these really are great tools for texturing.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Thanks all - these really are great tools for texturing.

Dave

How much is the app costing you per month Dave?  From memory, it was significant, and only useful if you are an active user of 3D tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Trevor
As mentioned earlier I pay US$19.90 per month for the Substance suite of apps. They really are designed for 3D use, as I've used them here,  although you can export the textures as 2D tileable squares.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

I looked very closely at the letters in the signs on our hike/walk today for the first time ever, and was trying to figure out what this stuff was on the black letters, so much so that I drew the attention of my 13 friends who also came over to look. I think it’s from insects; one person thought bird droppings (it wasn’t, because it was still soft), and someone else thought webbing.

My question, though, is can this be done digitally to really and truly make the embossing realistic?2B267107-DAE8-4423-A185-5D68E4840733.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can be using a 3d Modeling program. As the text can cut into the object. Then any material can be applied to the text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - just choose a material for the lettering

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davescm  wrote

Yes - just choose a material for the lettering

Dave, this is really awesome — you've not only nailed the stone, but you've got the bug debris and have changed the words to something way more creative and interesting than "Emboss Text".

And we can all imagine for ourselves what "100 Miles" means. For me it would be the 100 Mile Wilderness on the AT, because we were discussing the best way to hike that yesterday — with one friend who has done it and another who is planning it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers Jane

It is amazing how our eyes and brains see what they think we should see. The "bug debris" is just a grunge map added to the lettering material which was based on a dark plastic.

I forgot to include the layers panel from Substance Painter to show how the materials were used together.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

davescm  wrote

Cheers Jane

It is amazing how our eyes and brains see what they think we should see.

Dave

An artist friend recently gave me advice ending with this: "in other words, look carefully." It's been good advice, and I am seeing the world in a different way — including noticing bug residue in the deep letters carved into stone.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love the quality you are recreating. Nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines