Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the best adobe rgb profile monitors

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I want to buy a monitor with the adobe rgb color profile because I work in graphic design and illustration and I want the colors on the monitor to be similar to those that come out in print. I'm also going to buy a mac studio.
Do you know which are the best monitors with the adobe rbb profile? With a budget of 400 - 600€?
Thanks

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@vandar25366783 

I'll tag @D Fosse and @davescm they should be able to point you in the right direction.

You should also consider a monitor calibrator.

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/buying-guides/best-monitor-calibrators

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would recommend Eizo monitors. A colour Edge CS2420 comes at around £570 or for a bit more the larger CS2731 (I use two of these) around £900. Both are good quality and importantly are uniform across the panel. Most cheaper monitors are not uniform, so you see different colour and brightness across the panel.

For photographic image work, don't be fooled by too high a pixel density. Around 90-120 ppi is ideal as it allows you to see individual pixels at 100% and therefore adjust noise and sharpening critically.  The CS 2420 is 94ppi and the CS2731 is 109ppi.

A final comment to consider when putting together your system and considering where to spend your hard earned cash. If you are serious about colour, allow yourself budget for a screen calibration and profile device such as the i1 Display or similar. Bearing in mind the screen is the most important link in the PC chain, where you actually see your images, a good quality, calibrated and profiled, screen is going to make a bigger difference to your images than for example a faster CPU or computer storage disk.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to sign off on what Dave said.

The Eizo CS series is probably the best value for money on the market today.

The monitor has a much bigger and more direct impact on the quality of your work than the computer has. That's where you should spend your money. My general advice is to split your budget in half. One half on the computer, one half on the monitor.

Make sure you get the edition that has ColorNavigator + sensor included!

One more thing, just to clear it up: don't put too much into "Adobe RGB monitor". That's just a marketing term. Any monitor has its own native color space, and that's all it needs to have. It doesn't need to match Adobe RGB. When you use these monitors, set them to "native", not "Adobe RGB" emulation. That just restricts the unit for no reason. The monitor profile describes the monitor's response as it is, and that's all that is needed for a properly color managed display pipeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I too recommend Eizo Coloredge displays, for many reasons. $400-600 is very tight for a graphic arts level display tho

Yep Dave is right, you'll definitely need to be calibrating the screen.

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines