Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The brush opacity is low even if I pressed the screen really hard

Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2024 Jul 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

So I have this brush from an artist and I want to have the same effect which the artist can get a really nice dark stroke when he press the screen harder. But for my case, even if I press hard the stroke doesn't look dark enough. I used the same setting as the artist but it just doesnt work for me. 

How to fix this?

Kapik_0-1721397957299.png

The artist also have the pressure sensitive on, so turning this off will make it a solid dark and lose the brush effect. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots taken at View > 100% with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Brush Settings, Options Bar, …) visible for each relevant Brush Settings-element (Transfer and all other checked ones)? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This are the screenshots of the brush setting. Please let me know if you need other info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot make out the Brush Tip for the »Dual Brush« – what is it? 

What happens if you turn off the »Dual Brush«? 

It should not matter but why is this checked? 

Screenshot 2024-07-20 at 11.51.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try to turn off the dual brush but nothing happened. The brush gives the same effect as before

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the »Texture«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2024 Aug 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing really change. It's been awhile I experiment with the setting but I just don't know what's the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide an abr with just that one Brush for testing? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I applied it with »Simulate Pressure« to a Path and it seems to work as expected. 

Screenshot 2024-08-02 at 16.56.19.pngScreenshot 2024-08-02 at 16.56.23.pngScreenshot 2024-08-02 at 16.56.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kapik_0-1722611049512.pngKapik_1-1722611066152.png

You can see the brush preview of the exact same setting is different. I got like a solid flat brush.

This is really confusing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2024 Aug 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at your »Transfer«-screenshot again: 

Your Brush does not seem to work with Photoshop – note the exclamation point-icon. 

Screenshot 2024-08-04 at 16.12.43.png

What is the device? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2024 Aug 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed about this too. It says "control by pen pressure requires the use of a pressure sensitive tablet".

Is the something wrong with my wacom? I'm using wacom cintiq 16 @c.pfaffenbichler 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the OS-side settings for your Wacom tablet? 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kapik_0-1722870633304.png

Is this what you refer to?

I tried the recommended setting that you shared and I made some adjustments like adding photoshop in the application panel which was not there before. The problem is not solved either.

Other than that, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kapik have you tried the brush at 100% (or other opacities if you want a level of transparency) using a mouse rather than a device with pressure sensing? A Wacom is it? Could the issue be with the device communication?

I hope this helps neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right' google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kapik_0-1722869255528.png

This is what I got when I use the mouse and wacom. I disable the pen pressure feature, and adjust only the opacity.

I applied the same force when I use the wacom pen, it seems that I can't get dark enough of the stroke even when it is 100% opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please uncheck all »Alway use Pressure …« in the Options Bar and what is the Flow value? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kapik_0-1722870913217.png

This is what I got when turning off all the pressure features. I got the darkest color but without the texture etc2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kapik so, the mouse version looks fine to me in your screenshot, is that right?

If so it's looking like a tablet issue, settings maybe. @c.pfaffenbichler knows a lot more about tablets than I do..

Maybe try making your own black brush in Photoshop and testing with tablet, does that reach RGB 0,0,0? How about with the mouse?

If your own brush is OK maybe you can replicate the supplied brush, @c.pfaffenbichler did notice earlier that there's a warning triangle suggesting the the brush is perhaps not compatible with Photoshop. 

I hope this helps
neil barstow, colourmanagement net - adobe forum volunteer - co-author: 'getting colour right'
google me "neil barstow colourmanagement" for lots of free articles on colour management
Help others by clicking "Correct Answer" if the question is answered.
Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines