• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The command "Feather" is not currently available in image processor

New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I often receive photos that are high resolution - and our website needs them smaller. 

In Photoshop, I go to "Scripts" and run the "Image Processor" - and every single photo brings up a message that says "The command "Feather" is not currently available" which requires that I hit "continue" on every single photo.

Is there a way I can change something on Photoshop to not get this command?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like your Image Processor setup includes running an action that includes applying a feather to a selection. There are a few solutions:

• At the bottom of the Image Processor dialog in section 4 Preferences, deselect Run Action if you don't need to run it
  • Keep the Action but edit it to
    • Delete the Feather step
    • Set a selection (for instance, Select > All) before the Feather step - You can record setting the selection and after stopping the recording, reorder it so that Set Selection comes before Feather

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 14, 2023 Jul 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this happens to me all the time Myra, with various downloads of Photoshop. My files are big and have many cut-out selections in separate layers and with guess a s you go feathers in them. As soon as I took the tick out of the >> Run Action < command [ see below ], the problem has gone.  But not the steaming from the laptop when it hits a 30-gigabyte file, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2023 Jul 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you want to run action when processing files but you do not want to see warning dialogues? Is my guess wrong or right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not a warning it is a refusal to operate the program.
We could probably do without warnings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must ensure that step can be executed like there is active selection in the document or exclude that step from action, turn it off or delete it. No other ways, there isn't option to instruct Photoshop to ignore non executable steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload one image to let us localize cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would come up if you use the command feather with nothing selected.

Do you have an action set that uses feather? Make sure this is not checked.

MikeGondek_1-1652712859998.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Photoshop Malfunctions in saving a group of PSD or PSB files to a lesser file ie  JPG
This is within the process:: 
1. Within Adobe Bridge select a group of files or an entire directory of files
2. go to Bridge tools  / then to Photoshop / then to  Image processor / then select quality if jpg files  / 
3. At the palette which appears  in the bottom left > Untick the box which says run action >> repeat untick this box 
and then go to the top right of the file and press  " Run"    and the thing will work
[ yes, photoshop engineers live in a different world >> but they may be attempting to save the layers
as in  save to Tiff  files ]  You probably want lesser files for other people or even for something which Bridge can see in less than
 5 minutes 
What you will achieve  here is  a continuous uplift of the psd or PSB file and then save as per you direction.
Repeat  Untick  the > Run action box 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines