• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Edit Transform Scale command is not working for a pasted image

Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pasting a copied image from one file onto another.  The second file I am copying onto, is a single layer template.  I am then trying to use the Edit Transform Scale command -- which I used many times before -- to then change the size of the copied image to fit it to the template but all of a sudden the PS software will no longer let me change the scale of the copied image.

I have tried a bunch of things to address this challenge including reopening the template file and saving it afresh before copying the image onto it and using the Edit Free Transform command instead.  I read the relevant help entry and looked through the community postings herein and did not find any insights therein.  It feels like I have inadvertently toggled a setting so I have looked through what I can see and have not found the answer there either. 

I would deeply appreciate assistance on this challenge as I am trying to get a book to the publisher before a deadline and this image is the cover art.

Sincerely,

Phil

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 10, 2021 Sep 10, 2021

Hi Folks,

Thanks to all who helped.

I Reset the Preferences on Quit, closed Photoshop, reopened it, and now the Scale Command is working again!

I deeply appreciate your help and tips -- have a great day!

Sincerely,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting the Photoshop Preferences? They can be found in the Photoshop menu on a Mac and the Edit menu on Windows. Within the General tab is the button Reset Preferences On Quit. This is often a great general purpose fix when Photoshop just starts acting weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, could you post a screenshot showing the layers panel, the option bar?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that your issue is with copying and pasting. However, I just wanted to point out two options that might be relevant for you at some point that are located within the General tab of the Photoshop Preferences...

• Resize Image During Place
  • Always Create Smart Objects when Placing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks,

Thanks to all who helped.

I Reset the Preferences on Quit, closed Photoshop, reopened it, and now the Scale Command is working again!

I deeply appreciate your help and tips -- have a great day!

Sincerely,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear. Thank you Phil.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines