• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The endless changes to the Basic Tools Menu is annoying to say the least.

New Here ,
May 27, 2024 May 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the "The Move Tool" with the Show Transform Controls Check Box checked for every photo I do and have for over 25+ years. As a professional Sports photographer I don't need tool options changed so I have to do something differently.

In this latest upgrade of Photoshop 25.9, you have changed the tool functions so that there is no box to check, now I have to enable the function under the gear wheel.  This isn't very pleasant, so much so, that I am considering of dropping Photoshop completely and going with Raw 2024. Fourteen of my friends, also professional sports photographers, agree and are dropping Photoshop from their systems.

Why couldn't you have the tool selected in both the old and the new way? Every time you upgrade Photoshop you ruin something else in the upgrade.

You are so frustrating to long-time Photoshop users, that most of us who use Desktop PCs are fed up with Photoshop and the endless changes to the basic menu. Your ignorance toward your long-time users is outstanding.

I am just totally fed up with all these endless changes.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

@98230 You quickly became abusive to others, so I have locked and reported this thread as it breaks community guidelines.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This community is a user one and not an Adobe customer service. So I doubt that your request will be forwarded to the company. You should better try to post with Bug, Troubleshoot or Idea label.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably because you are a newbie who hasn't been using the program for 30+ years. When you're a working photographer it costs money to have to look for new settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's probably because you are a newbie who hasn't been using the program for 30+ years. When you're a working photographer it costs money to have to look for new settings.
By @98230

Please mind your manners. 

You could have clicked on @didiermazier â€™s name to see whether he is is the ignoramus you imply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then don't make little of my concerns. Try minding your manners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to report my post if you think it violated the Forum guidelines. 

But I would recommend you re-read your posts first. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called you a newbie, I didn't ask you to interfere with a question you didn't understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion this is pretty close to a non-issue; one can create Tool Presets with the respective settings and assign Shortcuts to Actions that select those. 

But I am curious if our friends’ decisions are indicative of a broader trend and, if so, which conclusions Adobe will draw from that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The conclusion Adobe should draw from it is to leave the original tool menus alone. It's great to add new tools or new ways of accessing them but leave the old standard way of using the tool alone. I'm thinking about dropping Adobe also, too many changes every month. As a working professional, I don't have time to learn new ways of using tools every month, I have to get the photos out. I bet you have no idea how many thousands of photos I take at every NHL game and every football game. All this does is delay my output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet you have no idea how many thousands of photos I take at every NHL game and every football game. All this does is delay my output.

That would seem to be all the more reason to use shortcuts instead of racking up »screen-miles«. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, you don't understand the problem I have so stay out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@98230 You quickly became abusive to others, so I have locked and reported this thread as it breaks community guidelines.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines