• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

the new Version 24.1.1 can't change the language to any other than english , German is needed

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After a while of not using PS today i was trying to use it.

with the the new Version 24.1.1 can't change the language to any other than english , German is needed.

so i started the previous version where i can change languages.

But this version is not stable enough. if i try to merge two layers PS ends without telling me why

I'm a little upsed about this behaviour.

Knut

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you installing the German version via the Creative Cloud desktop app?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i did and cloud told than Deutsch (German ) is installed. But the UI says english only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

knut88_0-1674570339369.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@knut88 just to confirm under Creative Cloud prefrences you have Deutsch selected as the default install language.

kevinstohlmeyer_1-1674571047520.png

And you have reinstalled Photoshop with the Deutsch (German) language selected.

After reinstalling, you go to Photoshop Preferences/Interface and you cannot choose the language for UI - it's still showing English?

kevinstohlmeyer_2-1674571140920.png

If that is the case and you can confirm you reinstalled after changing your language, you can try resetting your Photoshop preferences by going to Preferences/General and clicking the "Reset preferences upon Quit". Quit and relaunch PS.

Does any of this resolve your issue or are you in the same state?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @knut88 this helpx doc might help also:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/change-install-language.html

Thank you,

Cory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I continue the old topic after having same issue with version 25.4. Both Photoshop and InDesign (19.1) kept staying in my mother language even I have chosen English everywhere like in Cory's link. When I reinstalled apps, they were still "the wrong" language. I'd also changed language settings for apps in MacOs preferences.

The solution was log out from CC after choosing the wanted language. Then I logged in, reinstalled apps and then they where in English like I wished. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2024 Jan 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good of you to elaborate on how you managed the issue! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines