• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is not a valid PDF document error when pasting from illustrator to photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When pasting any vector elements from illustrator to photoshop I am getting this error message: "This is not a valid Portable Document File (PDF) document. It cannot be opened."

I am working on a 2019 MacBook Pro running macOS Monterey (v 12.2)

Adobe Photoshop 23.2.0

Adobe Illustrator 26.0.3 (both apps were just updated today as this issue was also happening in the previous version.) This has been happening probably since the start of this week.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

I was able to FINALLY solve this on my own. The solution was in Illustrator under preferences click "Clipboard Handling" and ensure On Copy Include SVG Code is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this "PDF" open in Apple's Preview?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears to be the case with any .ai file. The .ai files open fine in preview. I can even open the .ai file in photoshop without issues. The issues strictly occur when i am pasting any vector element. Even if I open a new .ai file and draw a square and copy it, open a new .psd file and try to paste it in i still have this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to FINALLY solve this on my own. The solution was in Illustrator under preferences click "Clipboard Handling" and ensure On Copy Include SVG Code is unchecked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines