• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

threshold clipping mask won't work with gaussian blur

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2024 Feb 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i add text, i add gaussian blur, then i add a threshold which works as desired with the blur, but then i try to clip it to the blurred layer and the threshold just doesn't work and the layer is blurry again. any suggestions?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image that you attached doesn't include text. Would you mind posting another screenshot that shows your canvas and your Layers panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a guess as we don't know your layers arrangement, but if a pair or more of layers don't appear to work as expected, try combining them as a Smart Object.   Right now though, I am thinking that clipping to a blurred layer might not well, and nor would a threshold layer.

Hmmm I just tried and it does seem to be working for me, but the best bit is I just discovered a cool moiré effect when setting the threshold right on the cusp.

image.png 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems you might be confusing Transparency and Adjustments. 

What you describe seems perfectly expected. 

Edit: When an Adjustment Layer is Clipping Masked to a Layer the Adjustment is applied to the pixels’ color values, their transparency is not affected. 

One can work-around with a somewhat complex setup including Blend if-settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 09.00.02.pngScreenshot 2024-02-14 at 09.01.16.png

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 09.12.30.png

Screenshot 2024-02-14 at 09.12.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines