• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Machine Restore - not all

New Here ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 2019  iMac Retina 27" desktop coputer with the latest OS Ventur on it. I recently had a WD MyBook Thunderbolt Duo with all my photos on it crap out on me. In the last few days, I couldn't even do a WD utility on it to see what was wrong because it woudn't stay on my desktop long enough, so much for having a mirror drive set up.  When I restored the failed drive from my Time Machine back up onto a new drive, all my Apple Photo, Adobe Lightroom Classic photo files showed up but only the last few weeks of photos from Photoshop came over. That may be because the drive was failing for awhile. I use Lightroom and PhotoShop every day. My problem is that I don't know how Photoshop saves and calls it's photo files or where it stores them.  If I go back further into Time Machine to try and restore all my Photoshop pictures how can I identify them and where do I restore them to?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @rthomaslyons I'm not sure what you are looking for  "how Photoshop saves and calls it's photo files or where it stores them"- your Photoshop files are managed by you. There are no temp files or other resources besides what you saved to your drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2023 May 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of the work so do in Photoshop originates in LR classic. I export it from Lightroom Classic to PS, make a few changes, save it and close it in PS. When I go back to Lightroom there is the updated photo with PS changes. Over time when I opened PS there were copies of hundreds of  photos that ai had worked on. After an external drive crash and a restore from Time Machine on to a new external drive, all my LRC photos seem to have been restored but when I go to PS it only shows the LRC  photos files I worked on in PS since after the time of the crash. Obviously PS was effected in the crash in that what it now shows me is not all the files I have worked on. Where does PS store the list of  LRC files it has worked on. Do I need to go back to Time Machine and restore some other data to PS to make those former photos appear in PS when I open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines