• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Timeline is missing in Window drop down list..

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still showing animation for choice?!  Any ideas what to do?  I am trying to animate a snow layer to a wedding photo...

Thank you!

April

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select Window > Timeline. In the middle of the Timeline panel is a drop down list where you can select Create Video Timeline or Create Frame Animation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara.

I'm hoping you can help. When I open the Timeline I'm only given the option to Create Frame Animation - there is not option to Create Video Timeline. When I tried it last week, I was given the option, but I have updated the OS and now it is gone. I wonder if they're linked. I am using Photoshop CC 22.3.0 on Big Sur 11.2.3.

Thanks

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, a Photoshop file needs to be open. If no file is open, the choice will not appear.

Then in the middle of the Timeline you can choose to create a video timeline.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @April-AppleTree 

This same issue was reported by another user in this thread and resetting preferences also did not work. One user reported that reinstalling a previous version worked.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/why-can-t-i-create-advanced-animation-in-ps-2021/m-p/118960...

You might want to report this to Adobe as a bug here:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Give your OS, PS version, and system specs to the program developers when you make the report.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that doesn't fix the problem, you can try resetting preferences. In Photoshop Preferences > General, there is a button to reset preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, Barbara.

Neither of those options work. I don't get the option to 'Create Video Timeline' from the dropdown.

Screenshot 2021-03-18 at 09.57.28.png

I've converted the rectangle to a Smart Object (Feed 1). I'm in the Motion Workspace.

I've tried double clicking on the Smart Object so it comes up as a .psb in its own window and then dragging a video onto it, but get "Could not place “xxxxx.mp4” because no parser or file format can open the file."

I've uninstalled Photoshop and reinstalled it.

It's strange as it was working last week.

Thanks,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling and re-installing Photoshop does not necessarily reset your preferences. Try a preference reset to see if that restore both timeline options

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

Thanks for that. I already followed Barbara's way of resetting preferences and that didn't work either. I have now been on a web chat with Adobe support most of the day and they don't seem to be able to grasp what the problem is.

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have now tried resetting preferences and uninstalling/reinstalling.

Next step would be to uninstall/reinstall using Adobe CC Cleaner Tool. https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

The cleaner tool has a BAT file that can usually solve problems when a regular uninstall/reinstall don't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2023 Dec 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is NO "Timeline" in the "Winsows" drop down. How to I get it back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Seems it's an issue with v22.3 not working properly with the M1 chipset: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html#sa_src=web-messaging

I reinstalled v22.2 and it's reappeared.

Apparently installing Rosetta should help it: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211861#sa_src=web-messaging

Thanks for your help.

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue, I also have Mac with the M1 chip and version 22.3.1 

So annoying !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My timeline window in photoshop does not show up.

On the 'Window' menu it shows that it is on but nothing shows up. The timeline window usually shows up at the botton on the workspace. Please HELP

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 9.46.29 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timeline panel under Windows menu is clicked but it is not showing up in the workspace

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any system information nobody can tell you much. If it's an M1-based Mac, then some functions are simply not available. Refer to the release notes. Anything else will require the proper technical information.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you choose 'Window / Workspace / Essentials (default)' from same menu select 'Reset Essentials'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines