Toggle between Dodge and Burn using the Alt- key

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am using Photoshop cc 2018 19.1.6 on Windows 10 coupled with a Wacom tablet.

According to the tutorials on the net, I should be able to temporarily switch between the Dodge and Burn tools by keeping the Alt- key pressed.  This will toggle between the two.  When I do this, the only thing that happens is a character in menu headings becomes underlined.  Is there a setting in Preferences that will enable me to do this?

If I use Shift + O, the sponge tool is included in the cycle which slows my workflow down

Thank you in advance

Allan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018
Hi check given video that will solve your problem...Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You could remove the shortcut for the sponge tool in the keyboard shortcuts, that way it will only toggle between the dodge and burn tool

You don't need to use the shift key unless you have this option enabled in preferences

Untitled.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This helped me so much! thank you 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check given video that will solve your problem...Thanks.

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That won't be any help to the OP as he's on Windows, the ALT key toggles the shortcut keys for the menus in Photoshop on a Windows OS

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ged Traynor nothing will change with icons but only function will work opposite i tested on my side on windows 10 Photoshop CC 2018 100% working just try it...Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry my mistake you are correct

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys,

They both work.

Where I made my mistake was that when I pressed the Alt-key the icon for dodge/burn did not change according to the new choice.  However, it made the correct edit.

Once again, many thanks.

Allan

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi no issue always welcome we are here as team happy learning and keep sharing...Thanks.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines