• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool change not recognized when using XP-Pen tablet+keyboard

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. Here is my problem: recently I have bought a tablet, namely XP-pen Deco Pro M, which has 8 buttons on it. But I`m used to use laptop`s keyboard for shortcuts. So when I`m drawing using stylus, and I need to change the brush to the eraser, the first stroke, or even two after changing is not recognized. The same is when I need to switch to BRUSH tool and start drawing - 1st stroke is not recognized. The same is for such tools as eg Lasso (L) , Zoom and Hand (h) - when I press L / H / B (for brush) / E for eraser on the keyboard and start pressing the pen in order to perfrom the stroke or to move across the working surface or to select something - i wont gonna work, no matter how hard I press. If I make the same on the 2nd attemp, everything is Ok. Also if I work only with keyboard+mouse  - everything works. If I use tablet`s buttons to change the tools - againg, everything works fine. So problem is only when using keyboard+pen.

I also tryied Krita / SAI / MediBang - such problem exists only photoshop, on different versions. I prefer SC6 one, but this bug appears in all versions up to 2020.

OS - Win 8.1

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forget to say that my WindowsInk is turned off

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, unfortunately, I'd have to suggest to search the answer on the XP-pen support as I'm not using one, and Adobe supports only Wacom so far: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/photoshop/kb/tablet-support-faq-photoshop.html

I'm not sure if other XP-pen users visit this forum, I edited the thread title so that they can see it.

The troubleshooting steps I'd try would be to update the tablet drivers. (or try an earlier one) 

Make sure the tablet is directly connected, not trough an hub.

Make sure no other program is running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines