• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool Palette visible but unclickable

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running PS 2024 (25.0.0) on Mac OSX 14.1.

Recent issue - The tool Palette has become unclickable - I cannot select any tools, the colur picker etc. Its like its not there and I have clicked outr of PS into the underlying app. All other palettes are fine and if I use the Application window (Hate it) it is fine.
I tried a workspace reset and it was back to normal, reset all my palettes to my preference and all good until I quit PS. Then it was back to visible, but unclickable. Tabbing on/off for palettes makes nop difference.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @ShaneMcCarthy there are several GUI noted issues with Sonoma.

Do you happen to have "RightFont" installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Hadn't even heard of it - I looked it up after your mention of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue.  Photoshop 25.1, MacOS 14.1, 2019 Mac Pro.  I'll post here if I figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just spent 2 hours with Adobe tech support chat.  Tech support "Harbinder" tried a lot of things, including taking over my screen to witness the issue.  He had me delete preferences, install old versions of Photoshop, and used Adobe Cloud Cleaner.  This required a reboot, after which he never returned to the Adobe Remote Support app, so I guess he gave up.

The behavior persists.  While not in Application Frame all tool palettes are useless.

We pay way too much money for the bugs Adobe allows in Photoshop, and then foists us onto poor and disinterested tech support.

It's been an hour and 25 minutes since I was asked to reboot, and this is what the Remote Support window looks like, screen shot attached...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue. Just updated to 2024 from 2023, and the tool/layer pallets are extremely buggy. Can't move them around. Really annoying and unworkable. I'll be going back to 2023 until they sort it out. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so it's now happening with 2023. Must be a mac os Sonoma issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2023 Oct 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for posting that! Good to know many more people have the same problem!

Adobe sent me a phone number and a case number, but if the workaround works for me I may not need it. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems to work. Thank you !
I hope Adobe figure this out soon... it's really annoying. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been having the same issues with trying to click on the tool palettes in Photoshop and other Adobe apps where it just goes to the desktop. As others have mentioned, it isn't a problem when "Application Frame" is turned on.

(2021 M1 iMac running Sonoma 14.1 with Wacom Intuos Pro S tablet)

-Henry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely try the workaround linked above, that worked for me.  Also the newest update to the MacOS, 14.1.1, is meant to resolve the issue.  I haven't installed the update yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updating to macOS Sonoma 14.1.1 fixes the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines