• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tool visibility on an image, not contrasting against differing background on image in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Nov 13, 2022 Nov 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop how to increase the contrast of the marker for the clone stamp tool on an image. When it is clearly visible against a dark background on the image it is INVISIBLE on a light background section.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2022 Nov 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make adjustments to the appearance of the cursor in Preferences > Cursors (via the Edit menu on Windows or the Photoshop menu on macOS). It doesn't change the contrast, but the options can make it more visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myra, thank you for that suggestion. I have gone through the various
iterations and none seem sufficiently effective at showing me where the
cursor is when it is over a light background. I can't be the first
subscriber to Adobe PS who has had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, there's also the Clone Source panel (Window > Clone Source) that you can use. Try selecting "Invert" at the bottom. Photoshop will still clone it the same way, but the overlay will appear inverted.

There are some other options for how the sampled area previews in the cursor that you can try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Myra, I may have figured out what the problem has been. On the Stsmp tool the cursor is near invisible on pale areas until you click Alt. It then picks up that colour and it shows when moving the cursor. I am not sure if the brush in a pre-selected area will show up as effectively but I will experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please post screenshots/screenrecordings to illustrate? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here  are two to illustrate the stamp tool â€ƒshowing up totally clearly against the dark background of the portrait, and the other with the stamp tool on the pale dress of the person in the front of the other. It is almost invisible in comparison. You need a magnifying glass or acute vision to even find it, which is a ridiculous situation where preciseness can be required!

55B240AE-E9C4-4833-8E77-9B770EF949C0.jpeg

 

67BBE00E-467D-431D-A46D-04C1A53D4CD2.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines