• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touchpad and mouse only draw but tablet won't at all?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to draw with my tablet it just moves the cursor around without making a mark, but then when I switch to my touchpad or my mouse it makes a line wherever I move the cursor until I click.
I've tried resetting my tools and my tablet settings, but I can't figure out what's causing this.

Google and the forum on here didn't show up anything relevant but maybe I'm using the wrong search terms.

Any help would be amazing since it's getting very frustrating to not be able to make lines with my tablet and then not be able to stop the lines when I switch back to my mouse. Hopefully it's a silly toggle somewhere, but I'm still learning photoshop.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You need to provide more detailed information

Take a look here

ASK- Forum Success Guide: Efficiently using the forums

Especially this bit "Tips for effective posting"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paeden  wrote

Any help would be amazing since it's getting very frustrating to not be able to make lines with my tablet and then not be able to stop the lines when I switch back to my mouse. Hopefully it's a silly toggle somewhere, but I'm still learning photoshop.

I'm really just echoing what Ged has said, but we have to know what tablet and operating system you are using?

What tablet driver you are using, and if you have checked for updates?

Have you tried different brush presets?

If you have reset the tools, then can we assume that the brush and layer blend modes are set to Normal.  If it works with the mouse, then we'd have to think so, but with so little information, we can only guess.

Does the foreground colour contrast the colour you are drawing on?  You are not drawing white on white?

Have you tried different images?  Set up a new blank canvas with sensible sizes? 1000 pixels square for instance.

Does the tablet work in other applications?  Windows Paint, if you are using Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows 10? If you are,you might want to update to the latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im having the same problem.  I am using windows ten, no brush presets are working, everything else mentioned in this thread I have tried.  I am using a xp-pen star 06 tablet. can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines