Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transfer Photoshop Installation to different Hard Drive

Contributor ,
Apr 27, 2019 Apr 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello and season's greetings to you and yours

My Photoshop is installed on my C:drive (Windows)

I can move this installation to my new SSD?

If so, how I can do it?

Move Photoshop from drive c: to drive s:

??

thanks you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to Install Photoshop on the SSD drive.  The are many system configuration setting that need to be set for Photoshop to run correctly. You can not simply move Photoshop.   I have not look at any Photoshop Advance installation option other than Not removing Old version while installing the latest version.  I would imagine if you want to install Photoshop  on a drive other the  Adobe default location you would need to use some advance installation option.  So Use the Creative Cloud Desktop application to Uninstall Photoshop then re-install Photoshop using the advance install options.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks JJMack. Am I try to do this, perhaps uninstall Photoshop and then re-install on new SSD drive. I do worry however about problems that will occur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 28, 2019 Apr 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, problems may occur but still, to uninstall and reinstall is the only safe way to move software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

currently i am using cc2014.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all latest versions (2018, 2019) but have preferred to stick with 2014.2 as much of my coding and preferences have been adapted to this version. Newer versions have different graphical interfaces/appearances which will throw off my custom scripting, so I need to remain with 2014.2 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines