• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform again not working

Engaged ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to resize plates and I want them to do the same transformation over and over but when I do transform again by hitting control + shift + T, it doesn't resize the next layer I try it on and moves the image off the canvas. I'm on windows 10 Photoshop 2018. Any idea why this is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Advocate ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only thing I can think to tell you is to try updating photoshop to the latest version, CC 2019 (v. 20.0.2)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that transform again will not work with smart objects.  You need to rasterize it first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I'll keep that in mind next time I try this, maybe thats what the problem was

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transform again does not work for me whether the item is a smart object or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, we're not too far from halloween, but you unearthed an old thread...

What is your version of Photoshop, your OS?

What kind of transform did you try? scale, rotation, movement, all three?

Did you try in another document on a simple layer?

Did you try to restore your preferences to the default using this manual method:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually it lets you keep a copy on the desktop that you can use to revert the process, if it did not fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Transform Again, or Free Transform Step & Repeat can definitely be finicky.  You mentioned Smart Objects, but Shape layers can upset it as well.  I use it a lot, and always switch to the Essentials workspace and then reset Essentials, and it always works (with raster layers at least).  Being so fussy, sometimes a Preference reset can get you back to basics and get it working.

Another possiblity is that another app or plugin has highjacked the shortcut, and that app does not need to be Photoshop related.  I don't know of anything eelse that uses Shift Ctrl Alt T (Shift Cmd Opt T) though.

Try getting back to basics with the Essentials workspace, and if you are already using Essentials, reset it.  If it is still not working working with raster layers, get back to us.

Just to make doubly sure, is this your workflow?

1. Copy the layer (Ctrl J)
  2. Free Transform the copied layer, adding movement, angle size as required (Ctrl T)
  3. Step & Repeat as many times as required (Shift Ctrl Alt T)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines