• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translating a selection

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to translate a selection (which is NOT a quadrangle, rather the outline of some text) and I'm getting the following error....

Error 8800: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.
- The command "Transform" is not currently available:
Line: 574
-> selRef.translate(1,0);

(It should also be noted that the error message is referring to the "Transform" command rather than "Translate", but I imagine this is because translation is a transformation function.)

Is this actually true that we can't translate selections? Or is my syntax wrong? Is there an alternative way to translate? I've tried changing the bounds, but:

a) It doesn't see to actually move the selection

b) I'm not sure how moving the bounds would effect the selection anyway since it is not a quadrangle, but the outline of the text.

If translate doesn't work, maybe there is a way to nudge it? Although I imagine behind the scenes that is the same operation.

Any wisdom out there?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

moveSelection(100, -20);

function moveSelection(_x, _y) {

var desc1 = new ActionDescriptor();

var ref1 = new ActionReference();

ref1.putProperty(charIDToTypeID('Chnl'), stringIDToTypeID("selection"));

desc1.putReference(charIDToTypeID('null'), ref1);

var desc2 = new ActionDescriptor();

desc2.putUnitDouble(charIDToTypeID('Hrzn'), charIDToTypeID('#Pxl'), _x);

desc2.putUnitDouble(charIDToTypeID('Vrtc'), charIDToTypeID('#Pxl'), _y);

desc1.putObject(charIDToTypeID('T   '), charIDToTypeID('Ofst'), desc2);

executeAction(charIDToTypeID('move'), desc1, DialogModes.NO);

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works, but is there not a native call? I was really hoping for something that didn't update the history state such as when simply move a selection around using the arrow keys, you get one "Nudge Outline" entry and that's it, rather than a ton of "Move Selection" entries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can suspend history before using Photoshop features that create history states. Even a native DOM method like Resize would create a history state. Also nudge does create history states. You can easily see  how susspend history  work in this script.

http://www.mouseprints.net/old/dpr/ToggleCenterGuides.jsx

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines