• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency broken?

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, as you can see in my screenshot, somehow my transparency is...broken and shows artifacts? It is not only the brush, as you can see with the gradient.

The brushstrokes are 0% Hardness, 100% Opacity and no modes, neither in the layer nor brush itself (it is on normal).

It also happens anywhere else where anything has a "gradient" into transparency.

It is not file specific, happens even in new files and even after computer restart.

Can't find anything in the settings that helps.

Cannot continue working on my projects like this, so I would really appreciate some help in finding a solution.

Jan22990560s0od_0-1682445497822.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

So uhm, I now actually found out what the problem was. 

Once I turned HDR off, it went back to normal.

Bit embarassing to admit, as I usually have HDR turned off bc of the plenty issues it brings with it, so I actually didn't think it was turned on.

Damn love/hate relationship with HDR.

Sorry to take y'alls time on this 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jan22990560s0od Im not seeing any "artifacts" on the screen shot you supplied - is this a black brush on a red background? Can you supply a screenshot of the entire workspace including showing the layers panel?

What are the image specs in Image Size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jan22990560s0od sorry to hear this.

Let's make sure we're in a default state and there are no stale settings somewhere: 

Restore your preferences using this manual method:  

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#Manually  

Does it work correctly? 

If that doesn't solve it, you can quit Photoshop and put the Settings folder back. 

It may help if we could see your Photoshop System Info. Launch Photoshop, and select Help >System Info...and copy/paste the text in a reply.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So uhm, I now actually found out what the problem was. 

Once I turned HDR off, it went back to normal.

Bit embarassing to admit, as I usually have HDR turned off bc of the plenty issues it brings with it, so I actually didn't think it was turned on.

Damn love/hate relationship with HDR.

Sorry to take y'alls time on this 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines